Saturday, November 23, 2013

I Swear.

Don't bother to tell me my life is not exciting... Since moving back to RB, I have become a golf caddie/cart driver for a 90 year old guy.
  
One hasn't really lived til one is out on the fairways with a bunch of duffers. Wading thru the rattlesnake rough, the shark ponds, or being chased by the mean geese is all part of this caddie's day.  Course, I guess if I were to wear the proper attire it might help or drive the cart with a little more decorum..  But hey, I'm not giving up my jeans, boots, gun, and wild rags, and the ability to popwheelie the cart without spilling my coffee-toddy, for a bunch of oldsters.  
Actually they are a really nice group of guys, and it's kinda cute to see them trying so hard not to cuss in front of me.    

8 comments:

Tabor said...

Oh, photos, please, if you can...keeping their identities private, of course! How do you get these jobs/activities.

Brighid said...

TABOR: You can see half of them in the first pic of The No Show stripper post. The pic was taken right after they learned there was no stripper coming! As for how this activity stuff happens... could be Karma!

Granny Annie said...

It is almost a magic trick to keep fellows that age from cussing. A nice show of respect for you:)

grannymar said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
grannymar said...

Can you keep a serious face without smiling when the Olsters cuss in front of you>

Arkansas Patti said...

That job reeks of stifled snickers. Enjoy and keep those guys cuss free.

Old NFO said...

LOL, I think you're having WAY too much fun with the old farts! :-)

Brighid said...

GRANNY ANNIE: They are kind to ol grannies!

GRANNYMAR: I try but fail more times then I should...

AP: It is fun to see when they realize that I can hear them...

OLD NFO: I have sworn to uphold the code of conduct...lol