Monday, April 19, 2010

The Best Part

The annual Roundup rodeo has come and gone for another year.  Thanks to one of my brother in laws, my Dad and I had great seats in the family box.
As I hadn't been in many years it was great fun, and a bit of a trip getting to see friends from long ago.  
The younger generation is continuing this annual family tradition, which is a good thing.  What a great bunch of kids and grandkids.
I have some terrific memories of the old Roundups.  It has changed a lot over the years, Dad and I both liked the old version better, possibly because we were more involved.  Spending time with family and friends was and is the best part.   

8 comments:

  1. Hoping you'll share some of those memories! I enjoy your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. any photos? I went to a small town rodeo about 5 years ago and hadn't been to any in decades before that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never been to a rodeo. Can you tell us about it?

    Grannymar

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess most families have their traditional annual outings. At one time my sister and brother in law never missed going to the races on Boxing Day and having a flutter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would love photos and stories. Is a "Roundup rodeo" different from a run of the mill rodeo?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by to say hi(-: We didn't get to the Rodeo. Ours is in a couple weeks and hopefully we can go this year! We seem to always be so busy around that time!
    Hope you are having a great week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would give an arm and a leg to be able to see one live. I have seen short lengths in movies and have always longed to see one live.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry all I have been away for a few days. If you go on Ytube and search Red Bluff Round-up you'll see all sorts of rodeo pics. I didn't get any pics myself as I was too busy chatting with family... Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete