Monday, November 8, 2010

Update from the Awesome One


Brighid has gone on vacation in her mind. She has accomplished diddly squat in the past few months, other than to put on 10 lbs. Her friends are telling her that this is normal after all the D trauma. Oh, and they are also saying that this rite of passage can easily take a year. Well isn't that just special! 

Brighid's friend sent her a chain recipe e-mail. First off, she assumed a lot by thinking she has a recipe in her head, then she thinks she has 20 friends! Neither of these assumptions are true.
 
Gus the Awesome

6 comments:

  1. I'm definitely your friend and will remain your friend as long as you don't send me a recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No recipe needed here. I keep seeing great ones on the Internet through blogs, but like the magazine recipes, I print them out and they sit and sit and sit before they finally become compost! I am no longer gaining, but I am being pretty physically active...so one would think I would lose a pound or two! Going on that twinkie candy bar diet...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got at least one friend in West Virginia :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm your friend too, good to hear from you. I'm not into chain letters/email either. Being newly single too, I'm finding cooking for one a challenge. I've taken to making vats of chili or stew or whatever and freezing smaller servings. That way when I'm staring blankly into the fridge there's something for dinner I can have without thinking about it. It's gonna take some time to get into life as one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Gus, You take good care of that Lady. We love and care for her muchly!

    Being alone and thinking for one takes time, let it run its course and one day soon you will hear and ENJOY the birds singing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess the most important recipe right now is the one for getting over D and rediscovering peace of mind.

    ReplyDelete