Monday, August 1, 2011

Unbroken




The Cowman and his dog's view...
Their ashes were scattered on this hillside over looking the river and the valley. He so loved this valley.  Most of the family was able to come for this special day. Words of hope and goodbye were spoken, tags of remembrance and a picture of he & Max were tied to the pine tree, and wildflower seed balls were scattered on the hillside. And there this story comes full circle.  Looking back I realized that for the most part it was he I wrote about. His stories told thru me. There are still stories to tell, and they are being passed on to his children and grandchildren. The family circle remains unbroken.

13 comments:

  1. A beautiful, inspiring view. That was a lovely, inspiring memorial. I'm sorry if this is to be your last post Brighid for I have always enjoyed reading you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nelly, There are too many things that need doing right now: like a job, and time with my kids & grandkids. I will still be reading your blog and several others that I have come to consider friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well this blogger really likes reading about the rancher. That is one great picture. I am guessing there is fish in that there river.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grayquill, Your right, great fishing for brookies, browns, and rainbows...easy access too. I will give you the location if your interested?

    ReplyDelete
  5. How calm and peaceful, a perfect resting place. If this is a break off point, I do hope you will keep in touch.

    Virtual hugs. GM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unbearably sad but equally beautiful.
    I do hope you reconsider. Your humor and way with a tale will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. GM; Thanks for all your kind words over the years. I will keep in touch.
    Marci: It is a beautiful place.
    A Patti: I will still be reading about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Will miss you much, such a glorious view.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will miss you, but I understand. I hope that mine will be one of blogs that you will visit and comment on. All the very best to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Celia: Would love to meet up with you one of the times I'm in Vancouver.
    Rummuser: Thanks for understanding...I will be reading your blog, so you best be on your toes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sounds like a lovely ceremony. And what a wonderful resting place.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I still hope you'll be back.

    ReplyDelete