Friday, October 21, 2011

Sparkle Plenty

I'm sure I will go down in the family annuals as Sparkle Plenty's mom.  Marymine has always, always been the glitter queen.  She can burn thru a couple hundred jars of that Martha's glitter like nobodies business. 
So, it's that time of year....Homecoming.  Marymine, has two in high school, so it's a pretty big deal around here. Yesterday I pruned (hacked) down the shrubs (jungle) around her  house...so you could see all the tactfully gaudy decorations she has put up.  As I was hacking...err...pruning my way across the wilderness...a glimmer came over me.  I thought this might be due to my extreme bravery in  even attempting to make the decorations visible from the freeway a mile away...  Nope, it was Sparkle Plenty at work...dusting the shrubs (and me) with glitter... See, she is set on winning the best decorated homecoming home contest.  There will be a perpetual trophy!
 

9 comments:

  1. I hope you have no thorns sticking in you after all the hard work.

    Please, can you sharpen your pencil again, and tell me if 'homecoming' is the same as Thanksgiving?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bloodied, but unbroken with a little sparkly...that's me.
    Homecoming isn't the same as thanksgiving....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homecoming

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got a grandgirl of a similar bent. Every time you hug her you have sparkles falling off you all day. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love and understand too well, Celia's comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like work...but there is that glitter, that could make it all worth it. Who doesn't like glitter?

    ReplyDelete
  6. We all need some glitter in our lives from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is fun to leave a shimmery sparkle in one's wake...The dogs think I have special powers...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Throw some of that glitter my way -- it's getting awfully dull around here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete