Thursday, December 22, 2016

A Blessed Christmas...










Celebrating the season in our small town church. It is nice to know that I'm not the only one who likes unadorned trees.  The Latin is John 14:6.

The family news: 
We have a new member in our extended family via my niece, Rachel.  Welcome to the clan, Emet James.


My Sean and his adorable Amy having a good time on the slopes. (You would not believe how much he looks like his dad.)  When did my son get old enough to have grey hairs instead of giving them...



The Gingerbread house wars are on at Marymine's. Though I must admit I didn't quite get the aliens coming home to the pyramids at first. Yes, we have an outside the box thinker!






Marymine and crew are coming here for Christmas! Dad doesn't know, so keep it under your hat.

Dad said he didn't want a Christmas tree, not even the small one, stored in a box in the garage.  I don't always listen to what he says, as much as what he doesn't say..
So, instead of getting a new rug shampooer, that I had been saving for, I went and got an 8' lighted Christmas tree. Didn't tell Dad, til I got it setup in the living room window. Plugged it in, and watched Dad's face light up as bright as the tree.
"It's Beautiful, Sis!"
Made my Christmas.


Wishing you and yours a Blessed Christmas.

28 comments:

  1. Dad will be so excited when the family descends on your house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adrienne,
      I hope he will be, as I feel our time with him slipping away. Merry Christmas to you & your hubby!

      Delete
  2. I wish you, Dad and your family a very very Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Larry,
      Thank you! A Merry Merry Christmas and a very Blessed one as well, to you and your clan!

      Delete
  3. Merry Christmas, so much love coming to your house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Celia,
      Merry Christmas to you and yours!

      Delete
  4. You know how to prepare for Christ's coming...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annie,
      A Blessed Christmas to you.

      Delete
  5. Merry Christmas. I enjoyed reading how you celebrate it and the new one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And the same to you and yours Brig!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jim,
      Merriest of Christmases with the Littles and the big one too.

      Delete
  7. I love that top image of the BVM. Beautiful.

    Blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Padre,
      One of my favorites as well. A very Blessed Christmas to you!

      Delete
  8. A Blessed Christmas to you and your dad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morgan,
      Thank you, and the same is wished for you & yours.

      Delete
  9. Your church is beautiful. So is the image I have in my mind of your dad looking at that tree. I do wish most of my family hadn't died off, but if I'd found a way to prevent that, I'd be the world's richest woman at this point. As it is, I have my memories, and enjoy watching others make theirs. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda,
      Thanks, we are indeed fortunate to have our small town church.
      My Dad is the only one of the parents and grandparents still kick'n it. I miss the large family gatherings when all the family gathered for the holidays.
      Merry Christmas to you!

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Scott,
      Wishing you a Merry Christmas! Stay warm & dry my friend.

      Delete
  11. Such a beautiful family! I hope you get to enjoy them thoroughly this week. Merry Christmas, dear Brig!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grunt,
      Thank You. May you & yours have a Blessed Christmas.

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Woodsterman,
      I sure hope your Christmas was a good one. Feel'n blessed that you are still with us.

      Delete
  13. Merry Christmas to you, Brig. The church alter is stunning as is the face on the new baby. Life moves on, doesn't it? Here's to a fine year for you, your father, and your beautiful extended family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheri,
      Merry Christmas to you, Hissoner, & your family!
      I will lift a cup of cheer to the good year ahead for all of us.

      Delete
  14. Replies
    1. WomanHonorThyself,
      Happy New Year! Looking forward to it!

      Delete