Friday, January 18, 2013

Sticker shock...

The stickers on your vehicle say a lot about you, or so I'm told by an older fellow.   Hummm, I had a reining cowhorse doing a sliding stop on the back window of mine, for years.  Well and a small one on the front bumper, for to get into the gate at "The" mountain country club where the previous owners of Bessie had a second home.  Now on the back window there is a sticker that looks like a Starbuck's sticker, but says "I (heart) guns & coffee."  Marymine saw it, laughed, said something about "only you, mom" and wanted one for her suv.  Well sure thing, I've got more, lots more...   The other day Marymine mentioned that a woman had stopped her in the parking lot while she was in the big city, and my girl thought, aaah O, here it comes!  But, the woman said she loved the guns & coffee sticker.  Then pointed to another sticker and said "Oh, I see your from Texas."   "aaah, no."  "Well, isn't that sticker a Texas flag?"   "No, that sticker means I have a family member who is active duty military.  My son is a Navy corpsman."
here:
http://www.bluestarmothers.org/service-flag

It bothers me that the woman didn't know what the state flag of Texas is, it really bothers me that she didn't know what that oh so special sticker actually meant.   

9 comments:

  1. Flags are a very hot topic in Northern Ireland right now so I'm avoiding any discussion about flags right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bothers me too Brighid. I have two daughters and a son-in-law on active duty in the Navy.

    You're son is a corpsman? Give him my best and thank him, from our family to yours as it were.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GM: I do understand why you have taken that tack.
    OAFS: It's my awesome, save your life down range, grandson that is the Navy Corpsman. His mom was fly Navy, his uncle was fly Navy, and his great grandpa was fly AF. Thank you & your family for your service. It means a whole bunch around here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I wore a hat, it would be off to your military family. You can be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep those bumper stickers clean. It's okay to be cranky now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  6. APATTI: Thank you, and I am!

    G: Cranky...??? I thought I had a wicked sense of humor...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love reading bumper stickers, and I have a bunch of them in my dresser drawer because I can never remember to put them on when my car is clean enough for the sticky to hold. So the only one on my car is one that says Forditude, and my son's birth and death dates. His last name was Ford, and that was a word he coined to mean sticking with something and getting it done. It was what he lived by and now all of the family has that word on their vehicles and in their hearts as an ideal to live by.

    ReplyDelete
  8. SUE: What an Awesome way to spread the word of your much beloved son. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep, that IS the important sticker... Thank him for me also!

    ReplyDelete