We had a light dusting of snow at 4 AM, sadly it melted away too quickly. I've missed the snow, and the quiet that comes with it. Living in town is still challenging to me.
I wanted to start painting the second coat of Sunday Stroll on the walls of the spare bedroom, but thought better of it at that 4 AM hour. Because it is best done with the window open and Andrea Bocelli's "Si Forever" album playing full volume. My neighbors are friendly and I'd like to keep it that way.
Before I put the second coat on I put my phone on photo and scan the walls to see how the coverage is. The difference in the amount of paint easily shows up. Now if I can just learn to put on even coats in the first place.
A big unwieldy cabinet with mirrored doors is being dismantled so I can get it out of the bedroom. It's not good wood and poorly made, but I will save the beveled mirrored doors and the drawer hardware.
The tulip bulbs that I planted in pots, planters, and the ground are starting to poke out of the soil.
The little Clematis I planted next to the small back patio has it's first leaves. I was concerned that it wasn't going to do well, though it is somewhat protected by the pine.
I've been running on 3 to 4 hours sleep at night, max. I've never needed a lot of sleep but this not being able to shut down is troublesome. Thinking some time a horseback or at the range might be helpful...
Before I put the second coat on I put my phone on photo and scan the walls to see how the coverage is. The difference in the amount of paint easily shows up. Now if I can just learn to put on even coats in the first place.
A big unwieldy cabinet with mirrored doors is being dismantled so I can get it out of the bedroom. It's not good wood and poorly made, but I will save the beveled mirrored doors and the drawer hardware.
The tulip bulbs that I planted in pots, planters, and the ground are starting to poke out of the soil.
The little Clematis I planted next to the small back patio has it's first leaves. I was concerned that it wasn't going to do well, though it is somewhat protected by the pine.
I've been running on 3 to 4 hours sleep at night, max. I've never needed a lot of sleep but this not being able to shut down is troublesome. Thinking some time a horseback or at the range might be helpful...







My Dad had Clematis planted when I was a little tyke. They were very pretty.
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who strips useful things off something headed for the dumpster. I've got several coffee cans full of old hardware like pulls and knobs.
Got this little Clematis at a plant sale/craft fair in Camas last summer. It was small but a great bloomer.
DeleteLOL, I have whittled down my collection of misc scavenged parts, but there are still a few. Old habits die hard...
I can't plant Tulips here anymore. I've spotted lots of ground squirrels and they've destroyed two Tulip garden of mine. So I planted Daffodils in the new garden, last fall, at the new place. It's been warmer here this winter, so I have to keep shoveling snow on the garden. If they come up too early they get ruined by snow before a warm spring.
ReplyDeleteI'm a bit anxious to see how these tulips do, as I planted them in very tight groups.
DeleteHope you post pics. Like seeing Daffies but they give me a roaring headache so I enjoy from afar.
So you're 'rubbing in' the fact that you have a green thumb... Phbtttt... :-D . Try writing a book, that'll put you to sleep quicker than anything else. ;-)
ReplyDeleteLOL, not at all a green thumb!
DeleteNo way do I have either the talent or patience to write a book.
I do miss the long growing seasons of the PNW. The only thing that helps me sleep, other than exercise, is 8 oz of red wine and two aspirin an hour before my usual bedtime.
ReplyDeleteIt would be great if I had more gardening room, someday.
DeleteMight have to try the wine. Don't do all that well with aspirin as I don't take any aspirin or medications, so on the rare occasion when I'm forced too the dosage is difficult to get right. Sorry TMI
I've tried planting tulips as I love them but our ground is too wet, I think. Sadly, if they make a year, it's the best.
ReplyDeleteHave you tried planting them in planters or pots?
DeleteYou beautify whatever you touch. Soon that wall will be a thing of beauty, just like you.
ReplyDeleteGosh, thanks Cheri, that is very kind of you.
DeleteStay well and God bless.
ReplyDeleteYou too Linda!
DeleteI love your style--you have such an eye. The post of the crosses collage--really nice!
ReplyDeleteThank You.
DeleteI thought of you the other day when in a couple antique/second hand stores.
Brig, I love the silence of snow. We had a tiny amount the other day, around midnight. I went outside and enjoyed the silence. Blizzards are different, of course, but I like them too. Exciting.
ReplyDeletePadre, I too love the silence of snow, yet like a good thunderstorm as well.
DeleteVery early in our marriage I found that my technique of painting wasn't going to work.
ReplyDeleteAs an enlisted sailor I learned to paint "Navy Style."
That's when you soak the roller with paint, and then run the roller over the bulkhead at lightning speed because the Chief said, "When you're done painting, you can go on liberty" .
As a trade off, I am really good at repairing and fixing things.
Sounds like you are a handy fella to have around.
DeleteSounds like I need to be thankful my Navy daughter, and Corpsman grandson never offered to paint for me... lol