We've had a bit of sun here in the PNW. YeeHaw!
Gardening on such a small scale in the hovel complex is challenging for me. I could use acres.
Got some of my flower pots planted between rain and hail storms.
Tomorrow Willie goes to Portlandia to stay with my cousin, while I head up river.
Baited my neighbor with a peach, pecan cobbler, so he will keep an eye on the hovel for me.
My SIL & BIL are taking me to their cabin near Sparta, Oregon for some wilderness time.
I'm looking forward to
getting out in the back of beyond of Sparta. It's where "Paint Your
Wagon" was filmed. (One of Dad & my favorite movies).
We are going to do a lot of hiking, shooting, and fishing. I'm taking lure parts to replace the two rigs I lost (with the help of another BIL, lol) to snags on the Columbia. Also, a few Johnson Beetle spinners to try on the lakes and the Snake.
and my boomstick, that I finally got back home from Sean's, in case of a granny munch'n critter.





Sweet! You all be safe, have fun and God bless!
ReplyDeleteI like Paint Your Wagon as well. Lee Marvin had a hit with the song he sang in that movie.
ReplyDeleteTake lots of photos on your trip.
Loved Paint Your Wagon! Have a great time.
ReplyDeleteYou have a hand-carved "Welcome Bear" like we do! We got ours at the Rist Canyon Mountain Festival, and you can turn his sign around. The other side says "GO AWAY".....
ReplyDeleteLOL, my bear just say's Welcome, but now I think he needs a "go away" painted on the other side. I looked for a bear the whole time Dad and I were on the road to S Dakota for a family reunion. None to be had. I looked all the way back, and finally found him near the end of our trip, in a little country store 25 miles from home...
DeleteI agree. I think "Go Away" is great!
DeleteGoing up river to the cabin sounds great. I've never seen spinners like those. Do they work? (pictures please)
ReplyDeleteBoomstick indeed. And just like that the scene from Army of Darkness starts playing in my head.
ReplyDeleteThe flower pots look very nice.
Have fun, and get some practice with both weapons! Good luck with the jigs too!
ReplyDeleteHope you have a great trip. That's a beautiful area.
ReplyDeleteAfter reading the papers this morning, I think i need a wilderness cabin lol
ReplyDeleteSounds like you're ready for some outdoors fun. Happy huntin', fishin', and all around lazy fun.
ReplyDelete