Thursday, August 6, 2020

Laughing at the rain...

After a fairly long warm and dry spell, it's raining this morning here in the PNW.

Perfect weather for painting, memories,


 and a favorite song by Jon Lord...

"Pictured within"

Here be friends...
Here be heroes...
Here be sunshine...
Here be grey...
Here be life...
Here love lies bleeding...
Memories so hazy...
And dreams that drove me crazy

Here be down...
Here be paradise...
Here be starbright...
Here be pain...
Here be smiles in eyes like rainbows...
My father and my mother...
My sisters and my brother -
Pictured within

Where there're shadows ill met by moonlight...
There are dragons I have slain...
And here be bright eyes with hair so golden...
Sunrise and sunset and running free...
And laughing at the rain

Here be home...
Here be travellin'...
Here be thunder...
Here be blue...
And Sometimes heaven and thoughts of wonder...
The Miracle of children...
A poet and a pilgrim

Kith and kin - pictured within
Lose and win - pictured within





16 comments:

  1. I miss the PNW having lived in King County, WA for 18 years. Too many ties to CO now to leave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is understandable WSF. Bloom where you are has been my mantra for a long time...

      Delete
    2. After living in Snohomish & King Counties for years, I'm in NCW now - and so thankful for the peace!

      Delete
    3. I live in Clark County and it is nothing like Seattle area or Portlandia, thankfully!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Changes, Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete
  3. Yes! Rain!

    Please send some...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Padre,
      It's currently not within my power to do so, but I sure would if I could...

      Delete
  4. Thanks for this It was needed and appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome, Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  5. Glad you got the rain as this is the potential fire season. A good soaking rain would help that not happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We may get another good rain today, keeping my fingers crossed.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and commenting!
      By the way, enjoyed your short in 'SPOTREPS - A Maelstrom Rising Anthology'.

      Delete
  7. Rain!

    Please send some and thx again for the spinners!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prayers up for rain! I hope to see a great fishing story on your blog...

      Delete

Leave your comments...