Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Grinding on...



Warrior yoga is kicking butt, and she, who likes to torture ol warriors, has now added 45 minutes of circuit training with 12 stations to the mix. We are doing this to ACDC! What the heck happened to the soothing chanting music?
I missed yesterday's torture session, but after a whole day of grinding through this jungle of a yard, I'm not too concerned.



  

I figure I did most of the circuit training, what with lopper  pruning,

  
climbing the ladder with the hedge trimmer,


and re-positioning boulders.


 A little sore this morning, with the imprint of my Kindle on my face, and wild hair from falling asleep with damp hair while reading.  
Back at it today, only about another week's worth of this, and I can start over...

Boulders:  There are some large boulders in this landscape, only a couple are placed the way I like to see them. They usually show signs of how they sat in the ground originally, and need to be placed that way when putting them in the landscape. I have taken large boulders and buried half of them to get them to look natural. To have them setting on top of gravel, or mulch, or what ever makes them look like they just fell off the truck. They can still be barriers if that's what you need, just place them so they look natural.
 

17 comments:

  1. There is something so wonderful about whacking back evergreens. I have a bunch to do soon.

    I plan to cut off all the little short side branches and add them to the bark ground cover. They turn brown in no time and it should work well as mulch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adrienne, I try to compost leaves & small trimmings but these are big branches and there are a lot of them, so off to the co composting site.
      I like bark, but it doesn't do well here, too dry, too much fire danger, and in winter it tends to float right off the property.

      Delete
  2. And you wouldn't trade it for the world...LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Old NFO,
      It would be nice to have a helper, though.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Granny Annie,
      Have you gotten your ride mower replaced yet, torch?

      Delete
  4. Gotta get back to the garden, Brig. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LSP,
      Thanks, have you a garden or are you full time bush craft, Padre!

      Delete
  5. Your yard is very high maintenance. But you do a great job of keeping it in check.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LL,
      It wouldn't be so, but my mom was sick for several years and couldn't direct the yard man. She also way over planted. People never seem to be willing to wait for a landscape to mature.

      Delete
  6. That hedge would be a nightmare for me. Balancing on ladders is not my cup of tea. I also do not lift heavy boulders. Today, I finally can work in the garden as the heat has broken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tabor,
      Juniper hedges are not my favorite.
      Glad to hear you are out in the garden, it feels like fall here!

      Delete
  7. Well done. When you are done there-----Arkansas is east.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arkansas Patti,
      Thanks, I'm about a third of the way through...
      LOL, I won't be done here til we sell this place.

      Delete
  8. You are very energetic ( CW returns to his computer and scotch.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. c w swanson,
      Not energetic enough, it is taking for ever... a wee scotch does help the sore muscles...

      Delete
  9. I got winded reading this post. I think I'd better go lie down.

    ReplyDelete