Friday, September 23, 2016

Scattered pieces of fall...


In this house there is not really one good place to spread out what ever project I'm working on.

 Well, I could take over the den but, I leave that to Dad as he has his computer, desk, bookcases, and all his treasures in there. He needs that place to call his own, even if he doesn't know it.


So I take the pieces out of one of the hall closets and scatter them on my bed. Not ideal for layout, but it is what it is. If I lay everything from my little table (desk) on the floor I can sew on it.
Latest project is a wall hanging that has taken more turns than a new lady of the evening.
It started out as a simple mountain scene, then turned into "paddling home"...


Then deciding that "paddling" wasn't working, it was taken apart. After viewing five videos of a friend's recent run on the Rubicon, it turned into "the Rubicon"...

  
and then I got sorta side tracked by what to do with a couple of log cabins and the blue bird of happiness...

My pieces are as scatterbrained as I am, it seems, and I want to be outside. Pick it all back up, put it away in the closet, make my bed again (thanks to Willie), and I'm out the door by 5am.
Glorious fall morning, break a small piece off the cedar, rub it in your hands, breathe fresh air, and have a cup of coffee... 
  

28 comments:

  1. That works! Looking forward to seeing the final product! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Old NFO,
      Could be a while... least til it gets too cold outside.

      Delete
  2. I like it. It would also make a dynamite quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LL,
      Thanks, I like doing wall hangings, and kids quilts. Don't have the patience for big quilts.

      Delete
    2. My wife started what was supposed to be a quilt to fit a California King bed. After a year, it ended up as a kid's quilt.

      Delete
    3. Fredd,
      aah, a woman who understands!

      Delete
  3. That is a beautiful and energetic project. I know your routine very well. Someday I will keep everything out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Granny Annie,
      Thanks. I loved it when I lived in the bunkhouse. Used a spare bedroom as my craft/sewing room and I could leave projects out, and have my ironing board up. Sure made things easier.

      Delete
  4. Made me smile - kinda like my life. I guess that's why they call them 'crazy quilts'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chickenmom,
      LOL, all my quilts are a little off...

      Delete
  5. That is what creativity really is. Patience and more patience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tabor,
      Not around here, it just comes, usually when working on something else...

      Delete
  6. A little each day, will bring Brigid a long, long way.

    And this: "Glorious fall morning, break a small piece off the cedar, rub it in your hands, breathe fresh air, and have a cup of coffee..."

    Should start every day this way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. c w swanson,
      It would be great to start each day that way!

      Delete
  7. I have it on good authority that the pros lay their quilts on beds too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woodsterman,
      You are a lucky fellow to have your very own resident pro.

      Delete
  8. Ah, you so have patience and persistence. I would never handle a redo like you did. That is why yours will look good and my attempts will remain in the bottom of the closet---for good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arkansas Patti,
      Persistent probably, patient probably not.
      It was great when I could leave the pieces out, that way when an idea struck I could go in and work on it...

      Delete
  9. The creative process takes its own path. I have endless faith you'll get there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Celia,
      It does take its own path, and that is why I won't do orders for someone else. Thanks for the faith!

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Euripides,
      Thanks, I'm in hopes that this is the last rework, and it will be finished.

      Delete
  11. This is a nifty post, not really about the quilt but rather, the process.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your quilting, Brig, no matter how you change it, rework on it, I love it !
    Happy creative quilting.
    Isabelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. isathreadsoflife,
      Thanks Isabelle. I will most likely wait til it is colder weather to finish it. Burn'n daylight!

      Delete
  13. I am also looking forward to seeing this as it progresses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nelly,
      Hopefully it will progress...

      Delete