Wednesday, January 11, 2017

The Crazy Petunia and The Hipster Dad...





Willie catching a bit of sun this morning, January 11, 2017, next to The Crazy Purple Petunia. That dang plant has been blooming non stop since last summer. It's been frost bit, snowed on, had freezing rain fall on it, and it still keeps coming back with more blooms.


Much like Dad...

(note: my FB page and the blog are not tied together, I like it that way!  I can say what I want on the blog, FB not so much.)

"Dad fell at home early Sat morning, broke his right hip, after a brief stay at St E's, he was transported to Feather River Hospital. He had hip replacement surgery that afternoon, and did well. He is there til given the go ahead to transfer to rehab. A big thanks to all our wonderful family, friends, and neighbors who have stepped up to help in any way possible. And a Huge Thank You to orthopedic surgeon Dr DeFrancisci, and the surgery dept staff at Feather River Hospital, who have all gone way above and beyond the norm with their many kindnesses."


Dad is doing well, they have had him up and walking. He will be transferred up to rehab in Anderson, 20 miles N of home, sometime today. I will meet him up there, and try to sneak Willie in for a quick hug, it would do them both good. Dad is milking this more than a bit with all the cute young nurses hovering around him. 
Dad's girlfriend called and asked if she should send him flowers.  I said, "Nooo, flowers just wilt and then make you sad, send him a blowup dolly to keep him company!"  I heard a choked giggle and then the line went dead,  I guess she's working on that...

22 comments:

  1. So happy that all has gone well for your dad. I know it has been a trying time for you as well. Isn't is amazing what can be done these days of miracles of modern medicine? Hope he gets the blowup doll:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annie,
      He is doing well for his age, thanks. The surgeon had done two other 90 year olds the same day, amazing.
      I talked to his girlfriend again, and she has decided on flowers...sigh

      Delete
  2. The girlfriend might smuggle herself in for a little comfort time. Good for Dad. He needs the diversity of the pretty nurses and the girlfriend to keep him young and chipper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LL,
      His girlfriend has had health issues of late, so no comfort time there.
      He has been calling me requesting things, and giving orders, which surely is a sign he is on the mend...lol.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for keeping us informed about your Dad. What a strong man!
    You, too, are a strong woman. Before you know it, he will be home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheri,
      He's a fighter that's for sure. Pets are allowed to visit, so I took Willie up to see him yesterday. It was good for both Willie and Dad.

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry to hear about your Dad. I hope he recovers fast and can go home soon. I know how hard that process is. I hope his dog can go visit too. He will be really busy with rehab so he should keep his spirits up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CiNdEe,
      He is doing well, and I'm trying to keep on top of what needs to happen for him to get back home. Took Willie up to see him yesterday, and that perked Dad up.

      Delete
  5. Thoughts and prayers for his quick recovery, and more cute nurses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Old NFO,
      Thank You, he doesn't have as many cute nurses at rehab, but all are friendly and kind.

      Delete
  6. Praying for a speedy recovery for your Dad! I bet all the nurses are spoiling him rotten!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chickenmom,
      Thanks, keep those prayers coming.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks Scott, you always make me smile!

      Delete
  8. Prayers for your dad, Brig. So sorry about this accident. Hope he recovers quick and doesn't send you to the hardware too many times for projects he thinks up while in recovery...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grunt,
      Thank You for the prayers for Dad!
      He has been calling and asking for a few hundred things each day, so I have worn a groove in I5 going back and forth...

      Delete
  9. Beautiful pics and prayers for your dad!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I must say, he looks rather chipper for all that to have happened. I'd say the parallel to the petunia's a good one, but I'll send prayers just the same. I'm glad Willie got to visit -- that's important. Your comments about all the trips back and forth made me smile. I used to tell my mom how lucky she was that her apartment was furnished with hot and cold running daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda,
      He is pretty darn chipper, thank you for the prayers. I'm playing this little game of "It seems like I forgot to bring something, Dad" with him, to see if he remembers what it was. He remembers what it was and lets me know. lol

      Delete
  11. Hi there, I am new to your blog but already love it. The flowers are amazing and so is your Dad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Changes,
      Welcome, and thank you for stopping by. I haven't been posting much of late, but plan on doing better.

      Delete