Friday, March 10, 2017

Cowcamp news...

It has been crazy around here, what with hospice people, friends, and family in and out. Dad is still with us, but weaker.  My brother blew in for a day an a half, and has gone back home to Ideeho.  It was so good for Dad to get to see & talk to him. They went through old photos, and told hunting stories, and loaded my brother up with things that Dad wanted him to have. Now if Dad will just hang in til my Sean gets here to see him. 
I love my kids, they are straight up awesome. When I put the word out to them that Grampa was on Hospice care they went into action.  Marymine rounded up her brood, loaded'm up in her crewcab pickup, and headed up to spend the day with Gramps. 
My Sean texted to say he and Amy would fly down and spend the weekend with Grampa and I.  If I thought he needed to come sooner, he would make that work, too. I didn't think that was necessary... So they are flying in Sat and staying til sometime Monday, Yay!

In the Best News department... 
My Sean has popped the question to his girlfriend Amy and her response was "Oh Hell Yes!"


She is a really nice gal and Sean and his girls love her and her boys. 
I'm pretty excited, she just might fit pretty darn well in this crazy clan.








 

15 comments:

  1. Amy looks like a keeper!

    Sorry about Dad for your sake and that of your family, but he's lived well and he "did it his way". So I can't be sorry that he's winding it up. We all will. That we could all be as blessed as he.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update, Brig. We're keeping up the prayers for dad, you, and the whole family.

    Amy looks like a very nice addition to the family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strong family warmth and goodness following you and your Dad...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry to hear your Dad is not doing well. I am glad your family is there for you. I can totally understand. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's Saturday already, and I'm so glad you're going to be able to enjoy the weekend with Sean and Amy. It does sound like you have great kids, which doesn't surprise me in the least. As the twig is bent, the old saying goes, and you clearly did some good bending.

    I'm glad there's been some time for your dad to visit with family members, too. That's so important, for everyone. Enjoy the weekend!



    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad they all could come and your daughter-in-law to be is cute as a button.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling Amy. She is joining a wonderful family. So proud of your children to rush to support you and see granddad. My kids and grandkids surrounded me when Ron died.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amy will fit right in with you other good looking women. Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love a family that pulls together. Amy is a keeper. In spite of the sadness and pain I still have warm memories of working and being with my sisters and kids when we were in the middle of hospice with Mom and Dad. Tears and laughter. Hugs to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's all good news! Congrats to them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Been thinking of y'all. Congrats to Sean and Amy! With good family, we're not alone through any of the rough stuff life throws at us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just to let you know I am thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you all for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such good news among the sad... When we found-out Mom was going into Hospice we made reservations and packed our bags, and then *poof* she was gone already.

    ReplyDelete