Saturday, March 26, 2016

Quit digging...

 A Blessed Easter




Other than a couple hellacious spring thunderstorms, it has been too beautiful to stay inside a moment longer than necessary.


Last week I ducked yoga and headed to the range for some much needed cow, rock, grass, blue sky, and boom therapy.

 ***

Marymine is constantly telling me that Lauren is my mini me.   I don't see it but, I don't mind at all.  When I was down at Marymine's for the 5K I asked Lauren if she had dyed her hair brown.  She said "Oh Nanny, yes I did! I got so tired of that white trash blonde look!"  I looked at Lauren and said with a straight face, "really, hmmm..."  It took a second and Marymine over in the corner of the kitchen laughing so hard she couldn't speak, for Lauren to realize that she had just mightily insulted her granny.  Lauren came over hugged me and said " Oh No, I didn't mean you Nanny, your hair is white... like old people have!"  My words were, "I love you Lauren, quit digging."  



16 comments:

  1. Too funny. Have a wonderful Easter, Brighid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adrienne, I hope yours is wonderful as well.

      Delete
  2. Grey is not blonde. White is not blonde.

    And hair color with most women and some men is just a matter of choice. I embrace the white!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Larry,
      White blonde is a shade of blonde, and I'm not afraid to own it. I have thought it might be fun to dye it strawberry blonde, family vetoed that, but when have I ever...

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Annie, yep she's her granny's girl.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful pics! Have a blessed Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LSP, Thanks Padre and a Blessed Easter to you as well.

      Delete
  5. So funny! And familiar. Gruntessa is more of a white-silver that could be mistaken for a white-blonde in some light. Have a great Easter, Brighid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grunt, I'm really missing my kids and grands this Easter, but know that I'm blessed to have my Dad and my God with me.

      Delete
  6. We blonde old people need to stick together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like she's looking for China. I used to be blonde then it fell out. On applications I have always put "BLD" for hair color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Odie, She is a good kid, the occasional misspeak is allowed. We have a saying "Step away from the color aisle"

      Delete