Thursday, May 26, 2016

Looking Back, Moving On...







Looking Back...
Since it is a Thursday, here is my Throw Back Thursday, a post from five years ago. 

"In the beginning there was a young rancher.  He married a country girl. They raised two great children, a lot of cattle, a bunch of dogs, a cat or two, a little hell, and assorted other things.  Life was an adventure with much to learn along the way. Years passed, the kids had kids, the rancher and the country girl grew older. Life was still an adventure but not in ways the country girl could understand. After a time she left the rancher.  It was difficult, they had grown up together the rancher and the country girl, over forty three years of marriage.  They parted as friends she wanted to think, but who really knows.
The rancher passed away last Sunday. He left a brief note about the disposition of his ashes, and chaos behind him.  There remains a daughter shaking with sorrow, a son taking charge of a thousand things, bewildered grandkids, and a country girl caught between madness and sadness."
 



Moving On...

I'm going to make some minor changes to the blog, it is time
I like Brig better than Brighid, so the name is going to change slightly. 
I don't live on a ranch or have horses, like before.  So, the header picture of ol' Clabber will change to something else
Other than those things it will probably remain the same confusing assortment of tales from a life. 


30 comments:

  1. Do what you need to do, just keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Old NFO,
      Thanks for the encouragement.
      Anxiously awaiting your next book in the The Grey Man series.

      Delete
  2. Change is good. We all don't like change but when it happens, brain cells regenerate, we meet new people, life seems a bit more interesting, we put the past to bed as best we can, we reinvent ourselves and seem to be more grateful for the lives we still have. I say GO for it, Brig.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheri,
      I think change is mostly good, and I am looking forward to interesting and productive times ahead.
      Thanks for encouraging me.

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to your changes and I enjoy your posts so much, this one squeezed my heart some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Celia,
      Thank you for hanging in there on my journey with words.

      Delete
  4. Bittersweet, but warm and wonderful, Brig. The new look will be just fine, I'm sure.

    Your graphic and poem remind me of one of our frontier women, Elizabeth Bassett, who was the matriarch of Browns Park around 1890. She rode and farmed and hunted, but refused to cut her hair or wear pants, always riding with her long skirts. She never approved of her daughters when they wore riding pants like the men, but then, they did much worse things, like consorting with Butch Cassidy and his gang. Can't wait to see your changes, but for the record, I still think Brighid is an awesome name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GOMC,
      Thank you! Love the stories of the pioneers. We have a few modern day ones around. You might enjoy this article... about one of my favorites: http://www.rangemagazine.com/features/spring-04/holistichyde-20.shtml

      Delete
  5. Change is good, although very hard to do sometimes. Just because we get older, that doesn't mean we stop growing! Looking forward to your
    confusing assortment of tales from life. You go, girl! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chickenmom,
      Thanks, I'm looking forward to see what I can do.

      Delete
  6. Well, well, well, wait and see. It will all be good for sure Brig.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Granny Annie,
      You are such fun, wish we were closer. I'm sure we could get into all kinds of trouble...

      Delete
  7. Hard to believe that is five years ago Brig. I remember it giving me shivers. Looking forward to the new look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nelly,
      It kind of hit me, like a two by four, that it has been that long, and though I have moved on in a lot of ways there are still things I need to accomplish.

      Delete
  8. I believe in new beginnings, the nodes in life. Use it to branch out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbar Cat,
      Good advice, thank you!

      Delete
  9. If you can make it through that you can get along pretty good I think, Godbless and keep you powder dry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NotClauswitz,
      Thanks for the blessing, one can't have too many of those.

      Delete
  10. Maybe slap some whitewash on the boards in the background? That's spruce 'em up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remember that post 5 years ago. It was touching then and now. Change what you need, just keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arkansas Patti,
      You have been one of the two faithful! Thank you for reading and commenting. I hope all is well with you.

      Delete
  12. I'm looking forward to the change. We all change, situations we face aren't always the same and I look forward to the new Brig blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LL,
      Some of the changes are because you have (inadvertently I'm sure) challenged/encouraged me. I appreciate it more than you know.

      Delete
  13. Change? Don't forget to add your heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woodsterman,
      Small changes in the blog.
      So far, my heart goes where I go, or maybe it's the other way round.

      Delete
  14. "They" say that changes always begin with the first step . . . and as long as you keep your feet movin' you'll find your way. Looking forward to tagging along . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. eiaftinfo,

      I'm glad you are tagging along...

      Delete