Friday, May 6, 2016

normal shenanigans...

I have nothing of import or value to write about, no stories of daring do, no wise words, no nada...


Being very sick with a bad cold is not my finest form. I'm seldom sick, I don't normally take any medications, and I have no patience for my being under the weather.  So there I was on the road to a simple little cold when I decided to take the recommendation of a friend. He said this holistic herbal stuff would lessen the effects of a cold and speed up the recovery time. "You can order it from amazon and have it by tomorrow," he said. "Just take a capsule every 12 hours as directed." 
I have Dad to care for and cannot afford down time, so it sounded like a simple solution.  Everything went well for the first dose, and twelve hours later the second dose, and I was feeling a wee bit better. Then after the third capsule my body said... "Oh Hell No!" No sooner had I swallowed the capsule than it came back up, eyes watered, nose ran, fever shot up, airways constricted, all with a throbbing headache. Not exactly the result I was looking for.   It had to be an allergic reaction to the holistic herbal because nothing else had changed in my environment. 

I'm on the mend now with only a residual cough, and should be back to normal shenanigans soon... 

PS: I'm a fanatical cleaner and hand washer, so Dad has not gotten this bug. TG  

18 comments:

  1. Sorry to read this!! Hope you are feeling much better. It might be an allergic reaction or it might just be a confidential reaction and upgrade to the illness that happened at the same time. Whichever I hope the crises mode means that you are on the mend now and on the downhill. Also hope you dad does not get this. Can anyone come by and help?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tabor,
      It would have been a simple little cold if I had not taken the herbal stuff. My fault entirely, after all these years one would think I would know better, apparently it is a lesson I have to relearn. I am feeling much better... according to Dad.

      Delete
  2. This is the first account of a Viking shield maiden (and berserker) falling prey to a virus. Maybe it happened in antiquity and they just didn't admit to it.

    Get well soon. And buy Mucinex for nasal congestion. It is not cheap but it works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LL,
      Thanks for the kind words, I'm impassioned to improve!
      LOL, I found some Mucinex in the Cowman's medicine bag,
      it expired shortly before the Cowman did. Not going there.

      Delete
  3. Dang, that sounds unpleasant to say the least. Hope it gets gone soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      I'm doing a bunch better, thanks!

      Delete
  4. Sorry to hear it, Brighid. Get better quick! Barack is still in charge. Who knows what might happen, and you have to be on your feet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GruntOfMonteCristo,
      Thanks, Getting better, and still standing!

      Delete
  5. Sorry to hear that, get well! And glad your dad didn't catch it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Old NFO,
      Trying sir. I'm very glad he didn't get it.

      Delete
  6. You get better Girl! I feel you pain. We watch our 3 1/2 year old grandson a lot and seems he's always giving us something that knocks us down. I find that for me the best cold reliever is Alka-Seltzer Plus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Odie,
      I'm working on it! LOL, tried AS Plus once same reaction as the herbal stuff...

      Delete
  7. Get better! I like the look of that horse lodge, btw...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Padre,
      Thanks. I like that cabin, and horses, and picnic table.

      Delete
  8. It isn't effecting your scrabble play. Yikes! You are as good as kenju and that is saying a lot!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annie,
      Thanks, I like stretching my two brain cells!

      Delete
  9. 'Hope you are all better by now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chickenmom,
      I am doing much better, thanks!

      Delete