Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Choosing The dress...





Friday was the day granddaughter Ali chose her wedding dress.  What a time, on the way down to meet with the rest of girls, I realized, dammit, I forgot the champagne and flutes. No time to go back or stop on the two hour drive down. Surely, someone else will have brought some. Nope, So after we had been through the first round of dresses, I snagged one of the girls, and we went and found two bottles of bubbly and flutes, Yep we did.



I had not a clue what granny of the bride was supposed to wear to this sort of day, so the skinny jeans, high top cowboy boots and a dressy jacket were it.  I fit right in, as all the others were wearing variations of the same thing. We are Country.
Marymine said she had dug out my wedding dress, and they had all tried to get into it without success.  They laughingly decided I was a tall stick when I got married. I had not realized she still had it, that dress is darn close to 50 years old... 
Ty's mom & dad had flown in from Kansas the day before so his mom could be in on the choosing of The dress. What a charming and funny lady, she said "being the mother of sons, made being included in this day very special for me!" She loves Ali, and it shows.
We looked at dozens of dresses, Ali tried on quite a few, and then we narrowed it down to three, and then we all decided that this, this was The dress...



It is gorgeous on her.  (I'm only showing the back because though I am brave, I know they "will" shoot me if anyone sees the whole thing before hand.)

It was a good day, filled with love and laughter.

19 comments:

  1. So beautiful. Loving the old-fashioned, lacy look. Do you have enough little kids to carry that long train, though? Don't want that to get stepped on. We have a 3-year-old we could lend you if needed. She only needs to be paid in dinosaur-shaped chicken nuggets, but she's blonde and fairly high-maintenance. Just let me know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grunt,
      Thanks for your most generous offer. I will ask if more cute littles are needed.

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to see the whole dress. The back is gorgeous. They make a lovely couple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adrienne,
      The style suits her perfectly. The waiting til late spring is going to be hard.

      Delete
  3. Of course, we will want photos of the wedding.

    Keep yourself in check because we don't want you doing a tap dance on one of the tables at the reception wearing a lamp shade (and little else) --- unless you want to --- then I guess that it's ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know... Berserkers really don't need encouragement like this.

      Delete
    2. LL,
      Of course I will share when the time comes.
      LOL... I still dance, just not on tables.

      Grunt,
      ssshhh, the family think they are in control...

      Delete
  4. What an adorable couple. Champagne really is a great idea when dress shopping. From what we can see, the dress is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Patti,
      Thank you, they are good kids, doers, & kind.

      Delete
  5. That's beautiful. Hopefully we'll get to see the whole thing when the big day comes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nelly,
      I will share when the time comes, she is going to be a beautiful bride.

      Delete
  6. Doesn't get any better than that! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Old NFO,
      It doesn't, I am very blessed.

      Delete
  7. What a beautiful dress. But, more importantly, what a beautiful day. A wedding's far more than an hour in a church (or wherever) and this seemed a perfect start for all that "much more" to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. shoreacres,
      Thanks. She is a planner and a gett'r done young woman, so I am excited to see what the rest of this journey will be...

      Delete
  8. Oh that is beautiful! I am sure she will be a beautiful bride! What a wonderful day making lots of great memories for you and your Granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CiNdEe,
      Thank you, it is going to be difficult to wait for the wedding in late spring.
      We had a great time; much laughter, a few tears, and lots of love was shared.

      Delete
  9. I don't know much about dresses that is fit to print here, but that young man is a Damn Lucky kid, and he better be good and nice and a straight-shooter or he's in for a heap of trouble...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NotClauswitz,
      Not to worry, he is a good, honorable young man, hard worker, loves Ali deeply, likes her family, comes from salt of the earth, treats her berserker granny with the utmost respect.

      Delete