Wonderful St. Patrick's Day post. Now I am realizing neither of my grandfather's ever sang to me. But I do remember my paternal grandfather singing in church and he had a wonderful bass that gave me chills when he sang The Old Rugged Cross.
GRANNY ANNIE: Thanks. You heard your grandpa sing,so in it's way it was to you.
GRANNYMAR: Do you have no stories about them? Here is the rest of The Lorica of St Patrick: http://www.ourcatholicprayers.com/st-patricks-breastplate.html
Lovely memory of your grandpa.
ReplyDeleteThose memories are beyond all valuation. They are the marrow of life.
ReplyDeleteWonderful St. Patrick's Day post. Now I am realizing neither of my grandfather's ever sang to me. But I do remember my paternal grandfather singing in church and he had a wonderful bass that gave me chills when he sang The Old Rugged Cross.
ReplyDeleteI never knew my grandfathers, one died in 1922 and the other twenty years later.
ReplyDeleteThe verse on the card is a new one to me. Hope your day went well.
CELIA: He was a character to say the least.
ReplyDeleteLL: Yes they are!
GRANNY ANNIE: Thanks. You heard your grandpa sing,so in it's way it was to you.
GRANNYMAR: Do you have no stories about them?
Here is the rest of The Lorica of St Patrick: http://www.ourcatholicprayers.com/st-patricks-breastplate.html
That's a nice memory to have!
ReplyDeleteOLD NFO: Indeed it is, and much cherished.
ReplyDelete