Thursday, November 6, 2014

Sure thing Bucko...

Since Dad is in the wilds of Ideeho hunting, and Lord knows what else, I can only get out of the house for a few hours when the home helper is available to take care of mom. 
T, fresh back from a four day pistol class he and one of his boys took at Front Sight, asked me if I wanted to go to the range.  I had to think on that for about a second. Yes, Please!


He and a couple of his friends were going to sight in their rifles before heading to Colorado deer hunting. 



So, I got to shoot my Sig for a few hours, and a lot of one to one instruction. T is great at critiquing my shooting and passing on helpful tips and techniques, as well as giving me access to a wide range of guns. It is special that he is willing to take me along, as the range has a high dollar closed membership, and the waiting list is long.

 ***

Side note:  Seems I misunderstood what C said about dad's reason for checking his funds before they left. C says he said, warehouse (as in Sportsmens Warehouse). Sure thing Bucko...


  

13 comments:

  1. fun! glad you got to let off some steam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JENNY: It was an absolutely beautiful morning to be outside putting lead down range.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, warehouse...right, that's it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LL: LOL... C obviously doesn't know that I took Dad with me to Sportsmens Warehouse the day before and he said he didn't need anything from there...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great that you got away for a bit. I need to do some catching up because I didn't realize your dad was off to the wild blue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, on my first pass through, I thought you wrote that you took your dad to "Sportsman's whorehouse" and said to myself, "now THAT is a thoughtful daughter."

    Do we have a hunting report?

    ReplyDelete
  7. GRANNY ANNIE: It was nice to get away for a bit.

    LL: Guess I'm failing as a daughter... No hunting report yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I prefer the first story! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. FINALLY! Another woman in love with a Sig! Glad to meet ya! Mine is a P238 and has never let me down.

    ReplyDelete
  10. GRANNYMAR: I think the first one had a lot more truth in it...

    LOTTA JOY: Howdy! Yep I love my little Sig P238. So far I've put 750 rounds through this one, and it works great for me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Range time is GOOD time! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. ..., and the waiting list is long.

    It took me five years to get membership there.

    This cooler weather slows down the rattlesnakes at the 1000 yard bunker.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OLD NFO: Yes Sir it is! You're second book "The Grey Man Payback" is being ZIP booked into the local library, YeeHaw!

    WAEPNEDMANN: Hi, thanks for stopping by and commenting. There's a quote about all good things...
    I haven't been out to the bunkers to see the jingleworms.

    ReplyDelete