Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Good hunting...

Dad and C left Monday for my brother's in Ideeho.  They are in search of the great Wapiti. 

Dad has been wanting to do this for a while and I'm very glad that C was willing to take him on such a long trip.  I don't want to know what Dad bribed him with...


Per his instructions I packed Dad's cell phone, spotting scope, cold weather gear, meds, Stetson, boots, and snacks. He left all his rifles with me, as C has enough of them to get the job done.  I put an ID tag around Dad's neck that said "return to Brighid", just in case my brother got to thinking he could keep him. 
Dad was counting his funds as they got ready to pull out.  I asked what that was all about, C said Dad was checking to see if he could afford a stop at the whore house on the way...

They called late Monday night to say they had made it to base camp at my brother's house. They made it in 11 hours, by golly they must not have stopped on the way...


Good hunting...

15 comments:

  1. Dad may have simply ended quickly...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun for them!
    You should go catch some salmon while they're gone.
    That'll really mess with their heads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LL: I don't think I want to know...lol

    JENNY: Yep. I can't get away long enough to fish, mom has dementia and is bed ridden so I'm kinda it except for a few hours a day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. just got back from idaho. I wish him and you luck. the elk a giant up there. we saw some up above mountain home.
    Just hunting buck this year. Maybe bulls next year.
    DS

    ReplyDelete
  5. DIESEL SMOKE: I'm hope'n they get lucky too. My brother lives outside Ideeho City. Lots of Elk in the area. Did you get a buck?

    ReplyDelete
  6. No buck for me. I went to spot for my friends 12 yr old daughter. He is lucky, she is into hunting and fishing something fierce. She spent two weeks putting up with dad and old guy(me) driving all over and glassing for deer. Never a word about being bored. She went fishing for two days solid. caught some little ones. Then spends two day driving home. Next day goes deep sea fishing with dad. She is the coolest ever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. DIESEL SMOKE: Sounds like she's an awesome young lady! I have a couple of grandkids that fit those boots, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the ID tag. Hope he has better luck hunting than he has had fishing. Still hunting is like fishing, the important part is to go.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would enjoy being a fly on the wall for some of those conversations with your father!

    ReplyDelete
  10. No matter what, it's great for your Dad to be out there. My nephew-in-law, his Dad, and his 8 year old daughter came back with two deer. It's a hoot to see them together in their camo. Memories for a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tough for you with your mum. Your dad is lucky that you are there to help. They both are. You are a good daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ARKANSAS PATTI: He was so excited to be going Elk hunting again.

    GRANNYMAR: Yes, well you're gett'n the light version here!

    CELIA: It is good for him to get out and about. YeeHaw, two deer, that is great. Food for the winter!

    NELLY: Thanks, I know you understand, because of Pearly. You are amazing!

    LSP: A small prayer for a big elk would not go amiss!


    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope the hunt goes well...And enjoy the days 'off' from keeping up with your Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OLD NFO: They called last night, haven't seen any elk yet. But they are having a great time, it's all good!

    ReplyDelete