Thursday, August 24, 2017

On the road...

YeeHaw, leaving early Thursday to make the 8 hour drive up to MySean's for the wedding Saturday. I've filled up with fuel, had the Rav serviced, and loaded up with a few goodies to share. Willie is staying home to guard the place, as he's not a good traveler, and there is going to be a lot going on up there.   The next door neighbors love him and are watching over him while I'm gone. So he has backup.


I'm taking most of my long guns and shotguns to store in Sean's safe. Come to think of it, he was awfully quick to tell me he had room for them...

The house sale is moving along, though my brother is neither happy with the escrow or the price.  This is a fair deal for everyone involved. Letting my attorney & realtor deal with that. If push comes to shove I will take it to the Judge, tired of all the obstruction. Nothing pleases him.

A flock of 23 turkeys were back in the neighborhood a couple days ago. They worked their way chasing bugs through my yard. I was out there, but didn't have my phone on me. By the time I got my phone they had moved on to next door. Watching them chase bugs and chatting back and forth tickled my funny bone.



Found a fabric I had been looking for for quite some time. In fact I had wanted it years ago to make a quilt from for a grandson. Now I find it and he's too old to like it. LOL, well I'm not, so I got a yard of it.


My photo isn't very good, so not sure you can see their names. There's: Pole Cat, Slim, Owen, Gus, Luke, Tex, Squirt, Horace, El Rey, Hal, Jeb, and Hap. All good ol cowboy names.  I could make throw pillows from it. What would you do?

14 comments:

  1. A pillow would be great, but you also could stretch and frame it like a photo, and surround it with photos of real cowboys you know. Of course, I've had precisely one swallow of coffee this morning, so that's an unconsidered thought. Happy and safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. shoreacres,
      That's a good idea, I'm going to consider it for sure!

      Delete
  2. I am sorry you did not find that fabric when grandson was young enough to appreciate it. It is perfect. Love all the goodies you are traveling with. Hope your journey is safe and the family visit is spectacular and that Willie gets to have lots of sleep while you are away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Granny Annie,
      It is pretty cool fabric and something will come to mind as a way to use it. Thanks for the well wishes.

      Delete
  3. You are the executrix I take it. Between you and the judge your bother has to take it. Let your bother know the more he whines the longer probate will take.

    I think two throw pillows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woodsterman,
      I am the executor, and the attorney will partition the court if my brother doesn't agree with the escrow. I'm hoping that my brother will realize that his stalling will only cost him & the estate money...sigh.
      Thanks for the suggestion.

      Delete
  4. Too bad about your brother but looks like you are moving on and things will get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rain,
      Looking forward to better days that's for sure.

      Delete
  5. Those cowboys, LOL! Love that fabric. Pain in the a$$ about your brother, but glad things are moving along for you. Travel safely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Granny Sue,
      They are cute cowboys, I love the names. Brother will come around or he won't...
      Thanks!

      Delete
  6. Pillow cases are a good idea.

    Be safe in your travels. Enjoy the wedding. Don't drink too much pop-skull or you know that you'll be standing on the piano wearing nothing but old chaps and firing your handgun in the air (again)...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LL,
      Not quite enough fabric for pillow cases, but possibly throw pillows.
      I've never stood on a piano, that's my story an I'm stick'n to it...

      Delete
  7. Do what you gotta, and travel safe.

    ReplyDelete