Thursday, August 31, 2017

Family blessings...


You should'a been there. It was so much fun.

the ranch in LaCenter where the wedding was held




I got a great daughter in law, and three more awesome grandkids! 

Jacey, Amy, Sean, Bailey

Grandkids: Taylor, Jacey, Tyler, Bailey, Terry
 The wedding was a hoot, with a live country band, open bar, catered food, outside in the yard of the ranch in the top photo.  It was small in numbers, but large with love.
The Cowman & Dad would have loved it. They were there in spirit, I'm sure. 
A bright sunny day with a slight breeze. Two fish'n ponds, dancing, and games of shoes, a restored 55 Chevy to admire, babies to cuddle, and littles running around.



As you know if you've been reading this rambling blog for any length of time... Dad was always trying to find me a boyfriend. (More for someone to take him shoot'n and hunt'n than anything, but they could see trouble written all over me.) Now it seems he has passed that monumental task on to my family, LOL.  No sooner had I gotten up there than Amy took me aside and said, "I can't wait for you to meet the friend who owns the ranch where we are having the wedding.  He's a widower, looks and talks just like Sam Elliott, and is the nicest guy!"  
We had a family BBQ the night before the wedding, three of my six sister in laws where up there for the wedding and met "Sam" that night. So for two days each one would take me aside and point to "Sam" and along with a couple of head nods would say something about how perfect he would be for me. OMG, I finally asked one SIL if she was feeling alright, because she seemed to develop a severe eye roll and head nod whenever "Sam" was in the vicinity. LOL.  I don't see anything coming of that, but it doesn't matter because I'm so incredibly blessed that they are my family. 

29 comments:

  1. Well - I think we should all see a pic of "Sam" to pass judgement on whether to move forward with this idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adrienne,
      Good grief not you too...

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a great time. I think a photo of Sam would be good too. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CiNdEe,
      It was a really good time! Loved every minute of it.
      Hope you are all doing ok with all the fires, smoke, heat!

      Delete
  3. They needed to be nodding and eye-rolling toward you for Sam. However I cannot believe he wouldn't have seen you on his own and moved in. Sounds like a wonderful family time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Granny Annie,
      Had he been someone they had known before I'm sure they would have, lol. It was a wonderful couple of days!

      Delete
  4. That sounds like it was a wonderful celebration of life and family. And yes, we also need a photo of Sam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LL,
      It was wonderful and the love was amazing. I am blessed.
      As to the photo of "Sam", I don't think so. I have heard so many stories lately from guys my age that are being hounded by women that think they might even be a half way good catch, that I don't even want to go there. I value my guy friends too much to put them in that position.

      Delete
  5. So happy you could be a part of the family celebration and am they better be sure they find someone that can keep up with you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Changes,
      Thanks, I had a wonderful time, and it was beautiful up there.

      No worries about keeping up... I still trip over my own boots, and
      have slowed down a bunch...lol

      Delete
  6. The photos are wonderful, and your description is lively and humorous. The old boyfriend hunt seems to be a part of every family (or, occasionally, the girlfriend hunt). Of course you realize someone's already passed your blog entry on to Sam -- just as information, you understand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. shoreacres,
      LOL... No they haven't shown the blog post to "Sam", because only a very few are even aware of this blog, and none of them read it.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Woodsterman,

      Yes, well that is something, but far from a deal maker.

      Delete
  8. The Brig blog has just taken a new turn and your readers will be perked up and tuning in all because of Sam. Now don't get me wrong: the wedding, setting, grand kids, family, etc. etc. etc are all just fine but potential romance in the air, matchmakers, electricity (or not)...well, we will be checking the website more often. I say do not put a picture of Sam on the blog. Keep everyone guessing, including Sam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheri,
      It was a hoot, seeing the SILs & DIL in full plotting mode. Some of the stuff they came up with to focus his attention on me, had me ROFL.
      Not planning on showing photos of "Sam" any time soon.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Nelly,
      I do too. Sean loves all his new kids so much and the boys look up to him. It's good for all of them.

      Delete
  10. Glad you had a great time. Weddings can be so much fun, especially ones that are "outdoors".
    So far as Sam...pictures are worth a 1000 words, but, while I love my family, I always liked to do my own hunting. Of course, with my record, maybe I should have listened to them :) Do what makes you happiest!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suz,
      Thanks.
      Actually not looking myself, and had not realized that they are all looking for me, lol. Even my brother in laws snuck in a few comments about what a good guy "Sam" appears to be.

      Delete
  11. What a wonderful day you had!

    Congrats on all the new family members. They're a fine lookin' bunch...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. drjim,
      It was a wonderful weekend. Thanks, they are all really good kids, and it feels like they were meant to be a part of my clan.

      Delete
  12. Great pictures. Thanks for sharing your family's joy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rain,
      Thanks, they are very special to me.

      Delete
  13. What a lovely family!
    So he looks like Sam Elliot, but does he SOUND like him? Loove his voice, not bad to look at either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenn,
      Thank you.
      I know, when Amy told me he looked like Sam Elliott, I thought that's nice. But when she said, "and he talks and sounds just like him", I thought wow! And he sure does...

      Delete
  14. LOL, they're gonna fix you up... :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Old NFO,
      Yep, it is sure looking like they are going to try...lol

      Delete
  15. Great pics and congrats!

    ReplyDelete