Friday, July 25, 2014

Great Guns...




The pilot, a friend of a friend, saw my new little Sig when he came by to see Dad a while back.  He shoots a lot, and e-mailed me that he was going to a private range, did I want to go along. Oh Gracious me, does a bear...



He's a NRA & Appleseed qualified instructor, as well as a pilot, and a really nice guy. 
 Schedules being what they are, I finally got to go yesterday morning. We went early and I got 5 hours of personal instruction. Lots of rounds put thru the little Sig, lots and lots of different drills. Just a tremendous help!


There were a group of retired Marines there as well and a nicer bunch of guys you couldn't ask for.  They had a huge assortment of pistols and rifles and kept bringing me different ones to shoot.

  
They were awesome guys, I learned a lot, and shot some Great Guns. It was a Really Good Morning, and they invited me back, YeeHaw!!!
 

14 comments:

  1. That's high class treatment, Lady! I'm jealous! Glad you had such a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo! Go shoot all their ammo and save yours! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you were having great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. NICE!!! Nothin' better than a day on the range with good folks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've found a peer group worthy of your company.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like a great day (even if partly cloudy with a chance of snakes)

    ReplyDelete
  7. JENNY: I enjoyed every minute of it.

    OLD NFO: Excellent idea Sir.

    GRANNYMAR: I did indeed.

    ODIE: Not by a long shot...

    JIM: Yes Sir.

    LL: I don't even come close to being in the same league with the old Warriors.

    BRIGID: LOL yep it's that jingle worm time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That would rank as a great day in my book!

    And watch out for snakes:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGIGYP0rX9A

    ReplyDelete
  9. What snake would be ever so foolish?
    So glad you are getting professional guidance and having fun at it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. EURIPIDES: It was a great day! I was raised in jingle worm country, so I'm careful.

    ARKANSAS PATTI: It has been a bunch of fun, now if I can just retain some of that guidance.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Where was your dad when you needed him? Sounds like this would have been a great place for him to work on fixing you up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. GRANNY ANNIE: All are happily married. It was extra nice to be around Happy men with a wonderful dry sense of humor. They teased and pranked each other and after a while me, too. Nothing nasty or mean, just fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brighid, I'm positive that you could hold your own with any bunch of guys.

    ReplyDelete