Sunday, March 15, 2015

Sunday bits...





My Hi-Lift handyman jack has seen more country than a lot of truckers. When I moved up to Dad's I left mine under a tarp in the barn next to the bunkhouse. I didn't bring it, as I figured Dad had one.  Now that I could use it, I find he doesn't have one. He's been a townie too long.

 

There have been more than a few times that thing has saved me.  From using it to change a tire, or winch the heavily loaded Gator out of a sinkhole in the creek, to pulling posts or binding down a load of hay, it is just darn handy to have. A trip down to pick it up is on the agenda, and a cozy spot behind the back seat in the little SUV awaits it.

***
The turkeys are back in country.  Willie and I spotted them on the morning walk. A Jake and two small hens.  We were down wind and they never saw us, or they would have hightailed it out of there.




***
Picked up Dad from his poker tournament and he was all smiles.  He came in 7th out of 100 players, and won a gift certificate to Home Depot!
 ***
As I have heard from more than one friend recently "you scare the crap out of most men, Brig".  Well dang, isn't that just special!  I'm going to take a nice long shower, paint the cowgirl toenails "Get it Girl Red" and call it a day.
The "Get it Girl Red" nail polish has gone missing, leaving me to decide between  "I'm Not a Waitress" and "Shoot Out at the OK Coral "....lol.

17 comments:

  1. ohmygod. a tool I don't have and CLEARLY NEED DESPERATELY. That looks very, very, very important.

    Props to your dad!

    You won't scare the right fella... meanwhile, our toes match!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are many uses for a Hi-Lift. Mine is stowed behind the spare tire of my FJ Cruiser. They get a bit rusty but nothing that WD-40 won't fix.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your dad restored his faith in himself at the poker table. Important reassurance as we age. I have no desire to work on any project that requires a tool that can lift something heavier than I. With my luck I would end up with a broken something or other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kudos to your Dad. That is darn impressive. He evidently knows when to hold them.
    Those colors are sound really fun. You go girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you should alternaste the colours then go to town! Have fun, young Lady!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well young lady I might surprise you. Strong women don't intimidate me at all. Arrogant bitches do. All you have ever displayed to me is you know who you are. I find that a very strong characteristic. You're a catch!

    And jacks ... Buy and drive right you don't need them ... Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jacks are nice and all. But I consider it a must to have an engine hoist at hand at all times.

    Not only does it hoist engines (duh), but it can pick up sofas, garage heaters, and install in-ground basketball hoops. Among other uses. Of course, you have to have a pick up truck to properly accent your engine hoist....and not one of them girly little pick up trucks, you need at least a Ford F150.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love to watch the turkeys with the chicks, but a lot go missing to the coyotes around here. Kudos to your Dad - I bet he had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. JENNY: You should get one. It can also be handy for weight training...

    LL: Thanks for the mention on http://symbolic-mirage.blogspot.com/ My rig is no where near as awesome as yours by the way!

    TABOR: Dad was so pumped that he did so well. He could hardly wait to tell me all about it!

    ARKANSAS PATTI: He did very well. I get a kick out of the names OPI puts on their nail polish!

    WOODSTERMAN: Thank you sir, I will take that as a high complement. Dad did good, he was practically dancing his walker around when I picked him up!

    FREDD: You are funny, and I did have an engine hoist... I love pickups, one needs a Ford F-350 King Ranch around this neck of the back of beyond.

    CHICKENMOM: We have a fair number of turkeys here, too early for chicks. Coyotes have tasty feral cats to feast on here, which is fine by me. The damn cats have decimated the native quail population.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My point was not a comment on rigs so much as it was the need to keep a hi-lift jack handy. I just echoed your wise and timely remarks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LL: That I like the way you setup your rig, was an aside to my wise & timely remarks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Useful. Happy St. Pat's!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LSP: Padre, I hope your St Patrick's Day was full of good cheer!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My brother has one of those, I need to get it from him. He tried to give it to me when I was a townie and I didn't understand what-for. My mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OLD NFO: I'm assuming you mean Dad's poker placing, Thanks. He was pretty proud!

    NOTCLAUSWITZ: I hope you get it from your brother. They are handy to have.

    ReplyDelete