Thursday, January 14, 2016

TBT way back when...

Sorting through boxes of pictures, putting dates and places on the backs of the ones not marked. Dad and I have done this for his pictures, I'm still working on mine. 


I found one that had been posted on a bulletin board for some family event, possibly my late mother and father-in-laws 60th anniversary party.  When the person that took down the pictures put my pictures in a baggie for me, they didn't take the tape off the back of the photos, unbeknownst to me. While sorting I pulled them apart, and thought I had ruined one of my favorite photos of the Cowman and Marymine. 

Scouted around and found a place that restores photos.  They said they could fix it!  I picked it up the other day. 

  


A bit of the story behind the picture...
The young Cowman wanted to go back to college and finish his degree. We saved up, loaded up Marymine, and headed down to Cal Poly SLO. While I worked full time, the Cowman worked between classes. We bought a beat to heck ol White delivery truck, and hauled hay at night, with Marymine sleeping beside me. 
We loved the beaches and the ocean, so every chance we got we went. I think this picture was taken at Pismo Beach, or less likely Avila.
Yes, this was considered casual beach wear to the Cowman. He really didn't like shirts and Wranglers that were not pressed. Marymine didn't care what he wore as long as he was close.

Ah, being young and a lot in love, it was all way more fun than it should have been, way back when... 

20 comments:

  1. Those sorts of memories are cherished gems that stand through the ages as who we were and in a sense are the foundation of who we are today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LL, they are cherished memories.

      Delete
  2. This . . . right here . . . is the answer to "what's it all about?" . . . single moments in time that are the stepping stones of our lives, that let us know we've lived, loved . . . it's a beautiful picture . . . thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill, thank you for the kind words.

      Delete
  3. So glad you could save that pic. Priceless. What a handsome fellow he was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patti, I'm glad to, and to me it is priceless. He was a very handsome man, and he Loved his kids.

      Delete
  4. It's a beautiful picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nelly, thanks, so many memories...

      Delete
  5. Glad you were able to save it... Memories are precious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jim, They hesitated for a moment before they said they could fix it, and my heart sank, then they said they could, but it was going to be expensive. Gett'r done, it isn't about the money.

      Delete
  6. Such a handsome cowman!! Thanks for sharing these memories! Do you have pictures of the two of you together? Maybe a wedding photo??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny, He was and the looks he could give... Yeah, but it isn't about me.

      Delete
  7. Mrs Woodsterman and I love to take the motorhome down to Pismo Beach. We alway stay at an RV park a couple block south of the pier right on the beach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, that is awesome! It's a special place.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. The look still makes my heart rate go up...

      Delete
  9. My son met his wife at SLO. Lived there for a couple of years til they moved back to MI last summer. Beautiful city. I am sure you have great memories of your time there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pigpen, I do have wonderful memories of the time we lived there.
      Hope you get to see your son & DIL often, now that they are in MI.

      Delete