Sunday, January 10, 2016

short notes...






With all the rain, wind, and freezing temps we have had... one of the zonal geraniums keeps right on blooming.  Adversity doesn't bother it. Might be a bit of berserker in it's background.

The mountains are calling meeee...


 Wish the neighbors would prune their trees, they are wreaking the view.

We have new street signs in the neighborhood. Some are correct, some not so much...


 I laugh every time I go by this one. I can see getting it wrong in the making, but to not notice when you are putting it up!  It gets even funnier that some of them are spelled correctly: Highland Bluffs, while some have obviously had the S knocked out of them.

Dad is doing well with his treatments.  Had his girlfriend here for a weekend visit. The WWW(wealth widder woman) is good for him, makes him laugh, but boy howdy can that woman talk.  Dad said she asked him if I was always this quiet. Yes she is! was his answer.

Off to touch up the baseboards, Dad has dinged'm up with his walker. Then another bunch of projects to get done...  

14 comments:

  1. Maybe she talked the last husband into his grave? Just idle speculation.

    I'm surprised that there is no snow there in the northland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is good for Dad, she talks to him for hours on the phone each night. They know a lot of the same people. I'm not complaining.
      We have more snow in the mountains around us than we have had in quite a few years, it's glorious! We don't normally get snow here.

      Delete
  2. Our outdoor African Violets have kept on blooming even through the weeks of steady 20°. Glad your Dad had some good laughs, best thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My violets are starting to bloom as well. Dad is enjoying WWW!

      Delete
  3. I love seeing Lassen from here and Mt. Shasta all covered in snow(-: Can you believe how terrible last few years were? Just so dry. I am so happy to see them covered again(-:
    Glad your Dad is hanging in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see both of them from here as well, there is even snow on the Yolla Bolly! Love being ringed on three sides by the mountains. Dad & I always check out the mtns and streams on our way up to his treatments.

      Delete
  4. Today was 60! We went for a 4 mile walk in the woods and I will post that next. I also have photos of my Lenten roses blooming. So lovely and yet tonight we get the cold winds and freezing weather! Crazy climate. Saw a hatch of flies and being the birder that I am, all I could think is will there be food for the arrival of spring birds?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to start running again...
      Saw thousands of snows working the rice fields near Marymine's over the Christmas break.

      Delete
  5. Nice view, but no thanks on the snow! Glad to hear your dad is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are great views all around here, and you don't have to be in the snow to see them.
      Thanks for thinking of Dad.

      Delete
  6. Glad your dad has a lady to chat with! Very sweet.
    Good work with the projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are characters for sure. Thanks Jenny.

      Delete