Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Cow Country Yoga...


I have to admit that I started yoga just to see what all the rah rah was about.  Turns out it's a workout, which I need.
Now, I live in a small town, and we tend to do things a bit western.  Take today for instance, we all came to the studio with a little more bite than usual due to the fact that most of us, including our yoga instructor Nat, had partaken of three days of rodeo. 
Nat's a cow country local, so she managed a track event all three performances and was given an assistant on the last day. An assistant that had never been near a horse or mule, much less on one, an assistant wearing brand spank'n new cowboy boots, an assistant that was try'n way too hard.  He was also wear'n the biggest, shiniest new spurs Nat had ever seen. She asked him why he was wearing spurs, since he wasn't riding. He said, "they came with the boots." Somebody saw him com'n... Anyway the poor guy kept being tripped up by those spurs, which caused him to run into horses, mules, fences, and Nat. She finally parked him, told him to be real sticky like in that spot, and went on to do her part. Don't know where he tripped off to after the last go round.
With all that behind us, my being a little sore, and all of us a little crazy we decided today was best known as Terrible Tuesday Yoga.  Namaste.

Here's a little video to give you some idea of how yoga's done in cow country...  


14 comments:

  1. I don't want to watch movies with Hanoi Jane in them or wear homosexual clothing...which is why I avoided yoga. Now that there is cowboy yoga, there might be hope for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LL,
      You would excel at cowboy yoga. There is warrior yoga as well, but it's pretty hard core, and we have grandkids that need us to consider before starting something like that...

      Delete
  2. That was funny and actually I think I could do those. Kind of miss regular yoga, I get less limber each day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Patti,
      Those yoga mats on concrete are not what I envisioned as relaxing, that's for damn sure. It is hard to give up doing something that we used to do with ease.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Old NFO,
      I thought it was spot on! lol

      Delete
  4. Only you could find this! A guy named Connie once saved me from drowning. I never knew it was a Cowboy name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Granny Annie,
      Wrangler butts can be hypnotizing...You watched the credits a bunch of times didn't you!
      There are lots of older cowboys with names that could be considered female names. Carroll, Shelby, Connie, etc.

      Delete
  5. I followed along and now I don't think I'll be able to move for a week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woodsterman,
      No worries, it'll work out eventually.

      Delete
  6. Not sure I agree that Yoga has anything to do with gender comments or politics, but I do admire him for doing this in cowboy boots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tabor,
      It is a wonderful thing that we can agree to disagree, that we have the right to freely voice our opinions.

      Delete
  7. "You wanna stack your chakras up like an indian totem pole" LOL
    That was great. And the credits made all that stretching worthwhile. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny,
      Glad you liked it! Wranglers beat the heck out of baggy khakis, any day!

      Delete