Monday, April 11, 2016

What's his name...



 What's his name, is here at last!  I'm beyond excited that he is residing here. We haven't known each other all that long, but he seems to be enjoying our time together. There have been a few dust ups between us, as is to be expected when working the kinks out of a new relationship. Thank goodness, he's all ranch country, with the scars to prove it, I might add.




On another note, the nasturtiums are taking over the patio. Started from a few old seeds I found in one of my seed stashes, I was not at all sure they were still viable. But, we have had perfect weather for them this spring.  Dad doesn't think much of them for taste, but I like'm just fine.





Back to What's his name...  
I got him home the other day!  He was a very good bargain that needed a few repairs, which a mechanic friend did for cost of parts. Thank God for friends
After a good scrubbing, a bottle of 303, some navel jelly, and a new tranny, we are good to go!
I may have gone a little bit loco like when he got home because a friend said, "I have never seen someone so damn happy to have a beater pickup to haul stuff to the damn dump." 


Actually, he's perfect for towing Dad's boat Ol Ugly, hauling my sea kayak, and  taking brush to the recycle. Plus, he can heat things up, or cool them down, and he loves classical and a bit o country music. It's all good! 

All he needs is a name, any suggestions?
 
 

28 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yay know he is pack'n a rosary, as well as a few other armaments, but no. Please try again!

      Delete
  2. How about Amos? It means bearer of burdens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooooooh. That's good. But I'd vote for something Irish, maybe with a reference to a classic movie. Like Sean, or Thornton, or Fitz, or Oge Flynn, or Feeney, or Molouney, or Costello, or Dermot, or Musha, or Trooper. I'm sure you know which movie I'm talking about. The director was John Ford, of course, which is appropriate, since your new friend is a Ford.

      Delete
    2. Almost forgot Michaeline! As in Michaeline Oge Flynn. Named after the angel who keeps you safe on those long hauls up those dirt roads. Truck is white, like an angel, after all.

      Delete
    3. Adrienne, Interesting but I thing of Amos as being dark.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful flowers, BTW! And beautiful truck, too. I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grunt,
      Wow you really came up with some names. I can't use Sean, that is my son's name. The others are in the running, Thanks!

      Delete
  4. I thought I was getting in on a late life romance...oh well, a pickup truck. IT could be worse. The name will come to you if he breaks down half-way to your destination. The flowers are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tabor,
      You are getting in on a romance, just with a pickup! He's not going to break down on me if I can help it.
      Thanks, the flowers are tasty too.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Old NFO,
      LOL, I'm thinking he could be a Ralph! YeeHaw

      Delete
  6. Nice truck have a few Ford trucks on the ranch too(-: They are good for whatever you need done(-:
    The flowers are totally awesome! And to imagine they grew that big from a seed. (-:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CiNdEe,
      Thanks, I hope to have a long term relationship with him.
      Re flowers, I was surprised, usually I have trouble growing them here.

      Delete
  7. Buzz? Short for Berserker?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LL,
      Buzz is my brother's nickname, and he likely doesn't even know the meaning of the word Berserker. Please keep trying...lol Don't you name your vehicles?

      Delete
  8. How 'bout: "Bronco Billy"? Love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chickenmom,
      A little too long, but still a good one. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  9. Having owned many Ford F150's myself, if you just want a beater to haul crap to the dump, no better unit is available at any price.

    Since it's an ancient Ford, how about calling it 'Hank?' Get it? Henry Ford, Hank? Oh, never mind....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fredd,
      We have owned a few Ford F250 pick'm ups and they have always served us well.
      Though I'm not interested in selling him, just yesterday was offered twice what I have into him.
      Good one for the name, I like that!

      Delete
  10. Aww, I was thinking romantic fellow also and was thinking that your Dad would finally quit trying to fix you up. Oh well.
    I once named a beater truck "Tank" to give it a power image.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Patti,
      I didn't realize there were so many concerned about dad finding me a steady guy. LOL
      Hmmm...that's an interesting name suggestion, thanks.

      Delete
  11. My '79 Ford 150 is named "Rob" by my granddaughter. My 2008 Chevy Colorado is named Zippy. I can't thing of suggestions for you because I am too easily influenced by others. Love Arkansas Patti's suggestion "Tank" and Chickenmom's "Bronco Billy". If I have a huge brain fart I will return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Granny Annie,
      I never ever thought I would be waiting for you to fart!

      Delete
  12. Not having a PC bone in my body, how about "Whitey".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Odie,
      Thank goodness you don't!
      We've had two Whitey's so that one has been used, thanks!

      Delete
  13. Seamus ( pronounced Shamus)
    Good solid Irish name, not to mention the name of one of Ireland's greatest poets...Seamus Heaney

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheri,
      Good one!
      I'm going for a bit more country,
      what with all the gunny, hooey stickers...

      Delete