Monday, June 12, 2017

Monday evening with George...

Went shopping for The shoes to go with The dress for The wedding.  Started out online, well hell that isn't going to work, too close to the wedding, and I found out pretty darn quick that once again I can't afford my taste. 



 Who the heck would pay $585-1200 dollars for a pair of little strappy sandal shoes. Figured I could find something closer to home. Started in a shoe store up the road, nothing even close, went on up to Macy's.  Oh joy, waited on by one weird dude with a man bun. Ask him to bring me some strappy shoes to wear with my granny of the bride dress. (I showed him a picture of my dress and said "no gold lame' flats allowed")  He came back with five boxes, and then scurried off to wait on the ladies that obviously had Macy's preferred customer cards. I sat down, opened the first box, then the rest of the boxes, oh heck no! One pair were really ugly clunky navy & white gingham! One pair had more bling on them then ever should be put on a shoe, another pair were so frumpy even Maudie Fricket wouldn't have worn those suckers,  and on and on it went. Got up and walked out of the shoe department, when one of the Macy's preferred customers caught up to me and said, "you might want to try the little store down the mall, they have some nice shoes."  "Thanks, I will check them out." Walked down the mall and found the store she mentioned. The salesman comes out from behind a partition... and he's wearing a half ponytail, half man bun!  What the heck is with these damn man buns!  He didn't have anything like what I wanted either. Drove back to RB and went to home depot to get touch up paint, and give thanks to the gods of hardware that there was not a man bun in sight.

Now that the trauma/drama of the day is over I'm having a glass of wine, and spending Monday evening with George...



19 comments:

  1. It is said that a woman can't have enough shoes.

    And no man ever said, "my garage is way too large".

    Good luck with the shopping for The Wedding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Larry,
      It is true for shoes, and horses...
      Round here we call it The Shop, which leads the uninformed to believe that stuff actually gets done out there...
      Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I'm trying to remember the last time I wore a pair of heels, let along a pair of strappy, snappy ones. I don't know whether to be chagrined or relieved that I can't remember. I do have a pair in the closet that will do for weddings and funerals, but if I ever have to turn out in fancy duds, I'll be sharing your shoe store experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. shoreacres,
      Though I can walk in heels, I think it would be wise for me to take a pair of boots to dance in, and I plan on dancing.

      Delete
  3. You should have started with George while sitting in front of your computer and shopping online. No man buns there:-) This was a great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Granny Annie,
      Thanks, you are right, I should have just stayed home with George!

      Delete
  4. I haven't bought a pair of shoes that weren't flat sandals or tennis shoes in a looooonnnngggg time. I love pretty shoes but at this point in my life, heels would be way too painful. I do though admire shoes online and you might have better luck online. Amazon has shoes and if you have Prime, it's two day delivery. I have found even when in Tucson, stores don't carry as much variety and I've had to go online. It's where i get my tennis shoes even and if they don't fit right, they go back with no problem. Of course, with a wedding so close, there'd be no chance for that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rain,
      Heels don't bother me, and I need to wear them from time to time to remind myself that I can be fashionable, sorta.
      Miss the ol days when there were so many good choices in classy shoes (made with real leather) in the local shoe stores, and the people that worked there actually knew how to fit shoes...

      Delete
  5. Actually - Ivanka Trump shoes get very good reviews. I'm thinking about breaking the bank and buying a pair of new heels (anything over $39.00 is breaking the bank.)

    Sunday at church a young lady attended wearing a pair of fabulous 4" black patent heels. They were awesome! I told her so after Mass and she was most grateful since she said most people asked her how the heck she could even walk in them (something she did quite gracefully.) I laughed and said, "That's easy - heel-toe, heel-toe."

    Good luck with the hunt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adrienne,
      Thanks for the tip. I didn't know that, and they have her shoes on Amazon.
      What happened to the days when people put on their best to go to mass? There are times now when I see people that look like their next stop of the morning will be walmart, ugh.

      Delete
  6. My wife used to swear by Payless Shoes when she was the "Shoe Queen". Found you a local one.

    Red Bluff Shopping Center
    1005 S Main Street , Red Bluff, CA 96080-4360

    530-528-2419

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woodsterman,
      Thank your lady for the tip, I will check it out. Glad you like George's song, too!

      Delete
  7. Hope you find shoes! LOL man buns...I think the world will look back on man buns the way we look back on mullets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenn,
      LOL, thanks for reminding me about the mullets, not! Wish those damn man buns would go away sooner than later.
      I hope I find shoes, too.

      Delete
  8. Tennis shoes under a long dress??? Just sayin... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jim,
      It isn't that long a dress, tea length, what ever the heck that means. The shoes will show, so heels it is.

      Delete
  9. Back in the day, you could have found something classy at Ruby Lee's on Main Street, as long as it was western style you wanted.
    I bet you could rock a pair of short-shanked black boots with a riding heel and that black dress.
    It is Red Bluff, after all. Top it off with your new flat-crowned headgear and you would be good to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. waepnedmann,
      LOL, I remember Ruby Lee's, quite the place. Actually, I wear boots a lot, so I'm looking forward to wearing strappy heels...
      The wedding isn't here, so that leaves out the new hat.

      Delete