Friday, June 16, 2017

Getting Hotter...

Book club last night at my SIL's, her garden is going gang busters, so she served stuffed zucchini. You know how that goes, it's a finger size zuc one day and the next it's huge! Lots of discussion on the book, lots of wine, lots of stories told, and lots of laughter. Got to see her new swim spa! She tore up a shoulder beginning of last year, had surgery in the fall, and is still doing lots of PT to try to get as much back as possible. The swim spa is helping.

The wedding is tomorrow, the wedding isn't in RB, but still in N Calif. This is what both locations are looking at for weather thru next Friday...


Snap shot was taken this morning, we are at 100 degrees now.

With the fuel load we have, the heat, and the North wind that is blowing, fire danger is HIGH. Most fire lines are in around here, but not all, and with the North wind blowing... 




16 comments:

  1. Brush fires are no fun! Be safe!!
    Enjoy the wedding. We are gonna want to see pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suz,
      One of my SILs took pictures for me, and as soon as she gets them to me I will share. Beautiful, fun wedding!

      Delete
  2. Is the wedding in air conditioned glory - or is it outside?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Larry,
      Wedding was indoors, reception was outside under a big tent. Pics will be coming soon I hope.

      Delete
  3. Enjoy the day, and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jim,
      It was a really good day. Ali made a beautiful bride.

      Delete
  4. My best to the young couple. Drink lots of water :-) It was a record 113 here when my youngest got married outside 20 years ago. Made for a lovely evening though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Celia,
      Lots of family, and fun, even in the heat. I shaded up at the reception and drank lots of water.
      113 is hot anywhere, we are looking at those temps the next couple of days...

      Delete
  5. And up here the temps are cooler than usual for this time of year. We're beginning to worry about getting in the hay where it rains too often and this morning had heavy fog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rain,
      My extended families in Prineville are saying the same about their weather this year.
      Prayers up for the hay crop!

      Delete
  6. Our weather is starting to heat up nicely but not like yours. Looking forward to wedding photos:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Granny Annie,
      I'm getting tired of hot, my neighbors just got home from their place in Colorado 70 in the day time and cool nights...sigh

      Delete
  7. Down south here we're not (quite) as hot as you guys, but also not out of the woods yet either even though skiers up in Tahoe are enjoying themselves..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NotClauswitz,
      Some people have to work, and don't get to run off to ski...lol
      We are forecast for triple digits through next Monday. I just can't take the heat like I did when I was younger.

      Delete
  8. That's too damn hot. We hit 90 the other day and I melted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woodsterman,
      It is too hot!
      I hear that some of the roads are still closed by snow up your way.

      Delete