Monday, July 10, 2017

Bank notes...

While friends are off to one of the lakes in Lassen Volcanic National Park for a day of kayaking, 



I'm home weed eating the high bank on the street side of the house. It's a steep bank, which could use a terraced pathway to make it easier to work on. 
I've had four different realtors come and give me their thoughts on what needs to be done here, and what the place should be listed for. The one I'm using is a go getter, has the right contacts, likes the place, and thinks we can get $30,000 more for it than the other three quoted. He is having the photographer come later in July, and this place needs to be in pristine shape for that. The house is behind the bank, a bunch of redwoods and a hedge. So the bank, is the first thing you see.  
 Have been dreading the headache of putting all the household stuff in a garage sale or on Craig's list.  The realtor reminded me about a good North state online auction outfit that does all the work for you, (for a price), but they get better prices for things than I would get on my own. Something to consider.
I'm so dang into simple, and the littlest things make me happy... like restringing the weed eater this morning (without my neighbor's help), and figuring out how to adjust the idle on it. Geez, sure doesn't take much.  Got most of the bank done and needed to go to town for some parts for another project.  There wasn't time to get showered, and cleaned up, go to town, and get back to work on the bank before it got too hot, so what the heck! Blew off most of the grass, and brush with the compressor, left my dark blue Cabela's ball cap on backwards, put on my mirrored aviator sunglasses, and drove Hank up town. This is a small town, and very seldom do you not run into someone that knows you.  But, the incognito look seems to have worked, nary a soul has texted or called me to say, "saw you cruse'n Main in that lowlife getup". 
And I'm pretty sure several of them would have told me to "turn that damn ballcap around, young lady"!


12 comments:

  1. Good luck with how you settle this. I hope that if you have things there that you'd want, that you consider that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rain,
      Have a feeling I'm going to need more than good luck, but thank you. There is really nothing here that I want, other than the few small pieces that are already mine.

      Delete
  2. Don't you love realtors? Ugh! So glad my Mom's house sold in four days. I don't think I could have went through much more. Escrow was a month and it seemed like a year. So much to do and move etc. We thought of the online auction too but decided to box it up and deal with it all later. After several trips to the dump we got it done. I know my Mom is frowning on the trips to dump but seriously there was nothing we could do. We didn't have time to have a sale. Oh well. She can yell at me in the after life. LOL(-: I hope your house sells fast too. The one realtor told me that some realtors will list it higher then it should be because you ask them to but in a week they will say oh you need to lower it just so they can get your listing. Hope they don't do that to you. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CiNdEe,
      Yep, haven't signed an agreement with the realtor yet, so he is running on his own steam. I have asked around and been told by some that he's the best around, and others that he would take his own mother for a buck.
      Have taken many loads to the thrift shop,things that others can use, and some to the dump.
      Price wise I've looked at the comps, and the other realtors where in the ball park, but this is a custom one owner home. I didn't mention any of that to the realtor I may go with. He brought that up, and said that he thinks he has a buyer that would love this place at full price, cash. Have to wait for the county appraisal before I can put it on the market.

      Delete
  3. Getting the house ready to sell was a PITA for me. Good luck with realtors and the buying public.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Larry,
      I'll bet, especially where you were. Think positive thoughts that I get through this, and do no harm!

      Delete
  4. Hope it sells quickly and without muss and fuss. I remember selling our Dad's house but there were four of us shoveling and sorting. It went rapidly. Sorting out our feelings took a little longer. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Celia,
      Thanks, I hope it does too. I'm ready to spend some time with my grandkids, go fishing with my in-laws, kayaking with friends, etc.

      Delete
  5. Good luck with that, and they didn't say anything because they didn't want to get drafted to come help...LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jim,
      Thank You!
      Well dang I hadn't thought of that re: bank cleanup, but you might be right...hmmm

      Delete
  6. Hope the selling process goes quick and easily!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you have a hands on realtor. That's what it takes to sell a place.

    ReplyDelete