Friday, July 28, 2017

Well shoot...

The photo shoot for the house went well, I think. The young guy that shot the photos was friendly and interesting to talk to. He's a professional real estate photographer and brings all his own lighting, and flies a drone for the aerial photos. He liked the house's open floor plan and all the natural light from the big skylights and windows. I hope to get to see the photos soon.
The waterfall & small pool is one of the features in the back patio area. But it was closed in by hedges and a handrail. 
 
half way through the removal of the hedges


So the day before the photo shoot I decided to take out the hedges, borrow a friend's sawzall



 to remove the handrail, and then re-rock the area. Finished at 9:30pm.  Have some tweaking to do to get it closer to what I want, but it was done enough for the photos. 


Pruned, replaced tiles, and cleaned up the little patio on top of the big berm between the house and the street.



 Two of the leylandii cypress that were removed have been replaced with redwoods. They will eventually hide the neighbors houses and provide more shade. 
 The realtor said to just make sure the beds were made when the photographer came. No problem for my bedroom as I always make my bed.  But it meant putting the king size bed back in the big master bedroom and putting bedding on it.  Somewhere along the way any bedding for that bed got misplaced or tossed. But I found a deal on a bundled: dust ruffle, comforter, pillow shams, and throw pillows.  Totally not my style, but so what if it looks early whorehouse to me, it works in that room, and everyone else seems to like it!?!

Sorry if I'm boring you with all this, I just want to keep a record of what has been done around the place.

I met a dear friend and her daughter for lunch today. Can't believe that it's been a year since we got together. Lots of laughter, tall tales, and memories shared. We have history. You would like her, she's cute as a button, one of the true unsung heros of caring for others, and a kick to boot.  Made my whole week to get to see her & her daughter again.  
Then on the way home I stopped in a small town to get a cold drink.  An elderly gentleman was in front of me at the register, and after a moment he turned around, looked me up and down, and as I'm putting my hand on the CCW in my purse, he said, "You, lady are exquisite!"  I stammered a "Thank You, sir". He drove away in a black suburban with Colorado plates, and I drove home with a smile. It was an all around good day.
 




26 comments:

  1. The water feature is very well done.

    Brig, getting a house ready to sell, selling it, and then moving is always a major pain in the neck. I've finally moved everything into the rental while the WWM is completed. Escrow closes Monday. The bank wire hits Tuesday.

    So I do understand.

    And OF COURSE, YOU'RE EXQUISITE! Everybody knows that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LL, Hallelujah on your house sale, and getting moved out of the land of fruits & nuts! The WWM is going to be awesome, and gives you much to look forward to.
      I've moved whole house a lot (lost count at 31) over the years. I will get through this move too. It's an adventure! I am getting to the point where I would like to light in one place for more than a year or two, and actual get to put down some deep roots.
      LOL, I was taken a back because I have never heard a person referred by that term.

      Delete
  2. I should have had a CCW when the kids yelled at me to "move old woman". LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Granny Annie,
      Yep you sure should have, they would have changed their smart mouthing ways right quick!

      Delete
  3. The house and grounds look so beautiful it is sad to sell it. You have done such a great job getting it all ready and am sure that is why my dear...you are exquisite:)What a great compliment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Changes,
      It has never been home to me, (it's my mother's place, and she didn't like me one little bit) so I don't have any sadness in selling it.
      It was a nice feeling to get that compliment, sure made my day.

      Delete
  4. Good luck with the sale. Nice on the man to say that to you. After how Trump got hammered for complimenting France's first lady, it's nice to see a guy not afraid to say something nice-- and make a woman's day better (unless she's a feminist maybe...). I've never once felt a man complimenting me on my looks was somehow an insult instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rain,
      Thanks, trying to make all this entails go as smoothly as possible.
      I was raised around MEN that didn't give compliments lightly, so I appreciate it when I get one.

      Delete
  5. What a great job you've done. When I was in my house I used my saws-all more than anything keeping the trees etc. from eating my home :-) Hope it sells well and as soon as you like. Very nice compliment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Celia,
      Thank you. Sawz-alls are fun, I had to return it as soon as I was done for fear I would get over zealous with it...lol.
      Some houses in the area are moving well, praying that this one does too.

      Delete
  6. Not boring at all!

    We're going through the same thing right now, and we have an open house today and tomorrow.

    Time to take the dog to the dog park....again!

    We're starting to get to know some of the other regulars there. When we tell people we're moving to Colorado, they shudder and always make some comment about the winters there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. drjim,
      I've been told by more than a few people that having an open house is not a good thing in these times. We have had a fair number of robberies in this county & adjoining counties tied back to an open house. Some have said that it's doable with good realtor vetting of buyers. Your thoughts on this?
      My neighbors( in their late 60's) two up from me are selling and building on their parcel in Colorado, they love Colorado. The winters are not that bad where they are building.
      Excited for you, and you will do just fine!

      Delete
    2. Well, security is always (or should be) a concern. So far, everybody that we've seen doesn't fit any kind of "profile" that I'd be worried about. This is a "working class" neighborhood, and the potential buyers are people like that. Plus one of us is home 24/7, we're sufficiently armed (and trained) and we have a Pit Bull dog.

      We're headed to the Fort Collins area, about 65~70 miles North of Denver. It's closer to Cheyenne, WY than Denver, and it's in a valley, so it doesn't get extreme winter weather, although it can get a good bit of snow, and -20* temps occasionally.

      I grew up in the Chicago area, so I definitely know what winter can be like!

      Delete
    3. drjim,
      Though I'm very well armed and trained, and have a dog that alerts whenever there is someone about, I do live alone, and can't be here 24/7.
      Fort Collins sounds like a good fit for you. My neighbors are building in the area of Cuchara, CO. and family friends have built near Durango. They all are happy with their choices, as I'm sure you will be.

      Delete
  7. You are doing all the right things, Brig. All of your energy and love will pay off. And no, you are not boring us. And yes, take that compliment in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheri,
      Thanks for the kind words.

      Delete
  8. I have enjoyed seeing all your work. It looks beautiful! Compliments are always welcome! You deserved that for sure! Hope it isn't to hot there(-: Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CiNdEe,
      Thanks, I'm glad you are enjoying it. Yes, compliments are always welcome, especially as we get older.
      Yep, it's like one degree cooler here than where you are. Forecast is for both of us to get hammered Tuesday with 115+, lets go climb a volcano and cool down...

      Delete
  9. You done good! And it IS a PITA process. I did that in 2015, and still sore...LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Old NFO,
      Thank you!
      LOL, I think there's a remedy for that...

      Delete
  10. I think it would have had a better ending if you had followed him, Exquisite Lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woodsterman,
      LOL, I don't do stalking or following...

      Delete
  11. May a bidding war erupt for the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BW Bandy,
      My realtor thinks he may have a cash buyer that this house would be perfect for. Not holding my breath but it is encouraging...

      Delete
  12. You really seem to be doing a marvelous job getting the property ready for sale. Sounds like you've had plenty of experience with other housevsales.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. joared, Thank you. Only one other experience selling a house, so I'm kinda flying by the seat of my pants here...

      Delete