Saturday, July 8, 2017

No country for ol women...






Spa girl job at my brother & sister-in-law's ends today, 




as well as veggie pick'n, strawberry eating, garden weeding,




 and chicken feeding. 





"Little Brick Chick House"

 Hank & I are going to miss our daily trips out to Ft McCoy. 


"Always looking for Adventure"



This is only one of many wood stacks.  My BIL is a former Marine and retired SO detective, can you tell he is also a neat fanatic! It's one of the many things we all love about him.



***
Still trying to get a handle on the yard here, was out there bright and early the other morning fixing irrigation lines and brush whacking. Kept telling myself, if I get this one more thing done then I'll go in... couple hours later, sweat was pouring off me, and I realized the occasional drink from the hose wasn't cutting it so I went inside. It was 10:30 AM and the temp read 103. Have had a bad heat headache for the last couple days, my own fault, I know better.

My RB weather forecast for the next week:



Weather forecast up at MySean's for next week:



Just a couple hundred more things to take care of here, and I'm on my way North for a visit.



15 comments:

  1. Take your time, you're not 21 anymore, even if the mind thinks so... Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Old NFO,
      LOL, I don't have the time to take because I'm not 21 anymore!

      Delete
  2. I've quit looking at our weather report, not as high as yours but makes me glad I am very early riser. Be careful and have a good time at in the more hospitable weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Celia,
      I tried that but then it just seemed hotter yet. Early early riser here too. Love mornings.

      Delete
  3. It's been pretty moderate here but allergies are a problem as apparently pollen is still hanging around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rain,
      BIL & SIL have been over on the Oregon coast with their travel trailer group. They have had beautiful cool weather and came home today to 107. ugh!

      Delete
  4. Yep, work is about over outside in the summer in this country by 10:30. Start again at maybe 7. I miss winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CW,
      I usually get a much earlier start during summer. It's 7:30 now and has cooled down to 104...

      Delete
  5. Ugh the heat is killing me. I am looking forward to fall. LOL(-: 110 here. Gotta love Summer here in the North State(-:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CiNdEe,
      I love the North State, but struggle with the summer heat as I get older. I am looking forward to time in Vancouver with family, where 90 is HOT...lol

      Delete
  6. And then there are those of us who make our living working outside, and try really, really hard not to whine! But we haven't cracked 100 yet, and honestly, if there's any breeze, a little creativity can make things bearable. I'm on the summer schedule, though. From about noon until 2 or so, it's time to do laundry, visit the grocery store, etc. I suspect you know all about hydration. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. shoreacres,
      Yep, I've been whining about the heat, and trying to do outside things early early morning, & stay well hydrated. Must be drinking a gallon of Luzianne a day plus water.

      Delete
  7. Just for grins, I thought you'd enjoy seeing these photos from the Calgary Stampede. A friend tells me it's hot up there, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. shoreacres,
      Thanks, those are some great photos! A good friend travels the summer rodeo curcuit in the West for Ram trucks and takes a lot of great photos of both the rodeos and the wildlife.

      Delete
  8. I just can't handle the heat any more.

    ReplyDelete