Monday, January 27, 2014

Obits & the fish report...

Being a mom and granny is the best gig ever.  I have had a lot of jobs over my lifetime, nothing high profile, nothing world beater. At least by some miracle of circumstance...   I have never been fired. 


 That may be part of the draw of being granny, even if you would rather take them camping, teach them to be good stewards of the land, shoot a bubble gun, ride a horse, eat direct from the garden and make a mean mud pie...than cook or knit... they can't fire you!  Came pretty darn close once job wise, when I was writing obits and the fish report for the local rag and got a little overly exuberant with it...

8 comments:

  1. Do you remember any of those obits? You could always change the names and share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to hear more about that too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, ha, they CAN'T fire you, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heh, so.... Rest of the story??? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Family is cool like that. Job security.
    I agree. Would like to hear about the obits also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could tell a couple of sob stories here, but I won't. Happy for you and your success both in your employment years and in your granny years. I have to say being a grandma is the height of "best jobs around".

    ReplyDelete
  7. The person in the obit couldn't complain either, could they? Love to hear more about that story.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ALL: Nothing untoward was written, just tried to make them more interesting by adding tidbits (supplied by families). The families saved my bacon by sending notes of appreciation. This is a small community with long memories, and I live here again, so sorry no tales.

    ReplyDelete