Saturday, August 2, 2014

That'll do...

I can't quite believe you let me whine about an ol piece of dirt!  That you didn't tell me to "suck it up Bucko, pull on your boots, and get on with it..."  that "I" didn't tell myself that!
I have a roof over my head, food put by, people that sorta like me, and some great kids and grandkids.  A dog that eats out of my hand, a matchmaking Dad, and this time, this time that I could be putting to good use. 
 Since the Corpsman and my 30 sons by other mothers are back on American soil I've been floating. Not nearly pulling my weight in a lot of ways. 
I need to suck it up, pull on my boots, and be burn'n daylight.  My dreams aren't going to be just dreams!
In order to buckaroo up, I have been perusing  motivational posters.



  For Sam maybe...





That might help...
but I need one that is more, well, on target







That'll do.


9 comments:

  1. I quite liked the Gibson. Quote, not guitar.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU are the motivational poster...YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'd opt for a poster with you and one of your lines like, "suck it up Bucko, pull on your boots, and get on with it..." That's a little more what I need every morning. (That or the first one.)
    It's a bit more direct than the whole "great opportunities" jumbo. But hey, whatever works! Git 'er done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remember:

    “No matter what age you are, or what your circumstances might be,
    you are special, and you still have something unique to offer.
    Your life, because of who you are, has meaning.”
    ~ Barbara de Angelis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, that last one too... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. No picking here (except maybe nose picking) because I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LSP: I quite liked it too! Peace be with you.

    LL: Dang sure, not.

    JENNY: I liked them all, take what you need.

    GRANNYMAR: I've got a plan!

    OLD NFO: Glad you found one you liked.

    GRANNY ANNIE: LOL, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with anything Sam says. That is one hot man.
    Hope you matchmaking Dad doesn't get wind of the rancher dating service or you will have more to worry about.
    Enjoy those blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That last one about covers it ... now suck it up. You're burning daylight.

    ReplyDelete