Monday, April 3, 2017

Carrying on...





Spring has sprung in the back of beyond. The rains have gone, and the NORTH wind is howling round the place, drying every little thing out, and causing white caps on the bird bath.


Willie and I miss Dad a lot, there is so much to take care of and do that even if I weren't so inclined I would be constantly reminded.  I'm barely holding firm to not going full berserker on my brother & his wife. But friends, my kids, & the Cowman's family have been awesome in their help & support as I navigate my way through this.

 This last week I was called for jury duty, a small computer glitch at the court house, caused half of the county to be called up!  Four and a half hours to get from the security check in, into a courtroom, then told to come back the next day... 
a quarter of the line waiting to be processed for jury selection
 Back the next day, 2.5 hours later the jury was finally seated.  I wasn't called to be seated, and though I have no problem with doing my civic duty, this was a child molestation case, with no hard evidence.

Saturday, a friend and I went to the big quilt show at the fairgrounds. So much talent in our small community.



Saturday night my SIL, a few friends, and I went to the performance of Cinderella by Mercy High School. We laughed, cheered, clapped, and enjoyed every minute. (Didn't hurt that we had stopped off for a little wine tasting before hand.) The girl that played the fairy godmother, stole the show with her antics. Outstanding performance by the whole cast.


Sunday my niece, SIL, and I went to a bridal shower for my granddaughter, Ali.  Another good day, full of family, friends, and much laughter.

Today I met up with the guys to pickup the map with coordinates for the hunt'n camp where Dad wanted his ashes to be scattered. Their dad was Dad's best friend. 

T should be done with his Rubicon run, and a few other adventures by later this month. He will fly Dad and I up to hunt'n camp. Though I love to fly, I have a feeling that is going to be a hard day. 

An old friend came by the other day on her way taking some of her mares North, she has invited me to come stay with her for a few days when the others are foaling.  It would be nice to get away for a couple of days in the saddle, and shoot'n the breeze... 


28 comments:

  1. It sounds as though you're busy and pushing through things. There's not much at this point that you can do except to take it a day - or an hour - or a minute at a time. The only easy day was yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, and yesterday wasn't all that easy...

      Delete
  2. I've been thinking about you-- thanks for the update. I'm glad you have the support and fun activities to lighten your heart during this hard season.

    (Oh and quilting shows are hugely impressive!! Love them!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jenny,
      Thanks for thinking of me. Hope all is well with you & the littles.
      I will have to ask Miss Della if there are any good quilt shows close to you.

      Delete
  3. I'm going to have to take a nap after reading your busy schedule.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adrienne,
      Go for it, I did. Then I stayed up most of the night trying to finish a book...

      Delete
  4. It's tricky, winding, shadowed path through grief. Eventually you get your bearings, get used to the light, and know the pitfall. Most of the time anyway. It sounds like busy times at your place, and I always found being busy was the best antidote I could find. Spring at your place looks incredibly lovely, Brig!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Granny Sue,
      Being busy is good medicine.
      It is beautiful this time of year, we are having an abundance of wildflowers this year due to all the rain.

      Delete
  5. Yes, a hard day it will be, as it's always very hard to say a final goodbye. Prayers for you and yours, Brig.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fredd,
      Thank you for the prayers.

      Delete
  6. Hugging a blog friend from a distance is very difficult. You are in my mind and heart as I recall the days of losing my parents. I was the one of the children who had been their caregiver and I believe I can sense a lot of what you are going through. Thankfully it sounds like you are surrounded by good and faithful friends and family and that will get you through. Hugs to you and to Willie:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Granny Annie,
      You are one of the best huggers around. Thank you from both Willie and myself.

      Delete
  7. You are doing great, just taking one day at a time, staying in touch with friends and loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Changes,
      I'm such a loner that I have to remember to include others. Writing the blog helps me to get it out, if that makes any sense.

      Delete
  8. You keep a busy schedule with activities that all sound positive. I'm glad for spring-- other than the hay fever part. The photo at the top is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rain,
      There hasn't been time to be sad, who's time will come I'm sure, but for now, it's gett'r done.
      Thanks for the compliment on my arrangement.

      Delete
  9. Visiting a friend is the best medicine, especially if it is a place where you can do those things you love, such as horse riding. I notice that the demographic for the jury duty call-up is mostly young males? Odd. In our neck of the woods it is usually old folks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tabor,
      The friend visit is going to have to wait a bit, but it gives me another thing to look forward to.
      Actually I too was surprised that there were so many young people, and most of them anxious to participate in the process.

      Delete
  10. Take one day at a time. And changing up the routine by going to visit your friend will help. Take along a bottle of wine, and a box of Kleenex, both might well be useful. May you find comfort in knowing that you did exactly what your Dad wanted...he was home with you and Willie, comfortable with loved ones around. It's ok to miss him, it's ok to be mad he isn't still there, it's ok to cry when you have to...just don't sit in a corner in the dark. Sounds like you are getting out and moving on, which is also ok.
    Sending hugs. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suz,
      Thank you for the good advise, and the hugs!

      Delete
  11. Glad things are coming together... Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Old NFO,
      Always! Have fun at Augusta!

      Delete
  12. I'm glad that you weren't called for jury duty. Being penned up and forced to contemplate unhappy circumstances would be more than usually difficult, it seems to me. Getting out in the fresh air, being with friends, and tending to things at your own speed will be good therapy. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. shoreacres,
      My friends and family have been amazingly kind and helpful.
      Thanks for the hugs!

      Delete
  13. Bashing on, no matter what, is the Badger Way. ( Not that one really has any choice in the matter.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SCOTT,
      Badgers and berserkers have a lot in common, I'm thinking.
      Hope all is well with you.

      Delete
  14. Quilt show huh. That reminds me that there's a very special quilt that has just been finished. It was made from a roll of fabric sent from a very special friend. I think she will be excited as to where this will go.

    Time helps with Berserkers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woodsterman,

      Seriously!!!
      Dang it you are going to make me cry, and I don't do that easily.

      Delete