Thursday, June 5, 2014

Half Baked...

So, the cousin & her hubby are back from six months at their house in Cabo, a sil & bil are back from two weeks in Hawaii,  and so it goes with a bunch of others traveling to far exotic locations.
Me, I would like very much to be here


mostly because it has a hot spring pool, a tepee, and a cabin in a meadow, and a little bit because it comes with a chef. Yes, I said chef (you know like a cooker/baker person). 
I have gone to dinners in homes where they had a chef. (I did know how to dress in a discrete black sheath, with get-it-girl stilettos and minimal flash, I do know what all the plates, utensils, and glassware are for).  I only ever drank out of the finger bowl once, and I was very young at the time, although, never forgiven for that fopaux.
Anyway, back at the home, as I was pulling a loaf of burnt bread out of the oven yesterday morning, with dad scowling at me, the home helper laughing her head off, and a delivery person walking in the door, saying "Wow, your house smells... like really burnt toast!"  I thought a lot about that hot springs, the chef, and the chance for baker person classes...

16 comments:

  1. I would not mind having a chef to cater for me several times a week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heavenly picture, and a chef, to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The house looks inviting, but why have a tee-pee?

    Better to have a garage for the pick-up truck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I would love to stay there as well. Looks like a little piece of heaven. And not having to cook meals at the end of the day is icing on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. GRANNYMAR: Fly over and we'll go together. I'm sure we would have a good time.

    CELIA: Wouldn't it be nice!

    LL: Why not a Teepee adventure? There is a garage for the pick'm Up, I'm told.

    TABOR: Yep, all the way around!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Camping is ok (teepee), but camping in the front yard is for kids and grandkids. To that extent, the teepee makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LL: The homemade teepees the kids/grandkids and I made sure weren't much for looks, but we had some great adventures, even if only in the yard.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This week I turned 68 and I still cannot cook. Boiling water is not even a specialty for me. Sad, sad, sad. But I swear to you that I truly love burnt toast. Really, I do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. GRANNY ANNIE: HaPpY BiRthDaY and many more! I will be 68 in August and could have built a very large alter with my burnt offerings over the years...sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't bake either... And that would be a nice 'retreat' about now...

    ReplyDelete
  11. OLD NFO: Sometimes we need a bit of "retreat", I sure as heck do! Weather there:High of 75, low of 43

    ReplyDelete
  12. O.K...Where can I find this place?
    My poor back loves/needs hot springs.
    Thanks,
    David

    ReplyDelete
  13. UPRIVERDAVID: This one is outside Dolores, CO. I know of others in Idaho, Nevada, and here in N. Calif.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah...Co. is too far from Washington for me today..That sure looks like a swell setting tho.
    I may head down to Paisley next week.
    Thanks,
    David

    ReplyDelete
  15. UPRIVERDAVID: Are you going to Summer Lake? YeeHaw! Pushed a few cows around the high desert country.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes I did.. The weather wasn't too nice last week and Duane is building new cabins..Beep-beep-back-up alarms way too early for me.
    The waters were swell as always..
    I've run into those cows on H/W 31 twice. I didn't mind but some jerks were in a hurry and getting all uptight, too bad..
    David

    ReplyDelete