Friday, January 2, 2015

Believe'n...



 Iron Canyon sunset on the Sacramento River photo by Chris Austin



"THIS YEAR 2015"

Dad is going to catch a Salmon

while I'm driv'n the boat (ol ugly),
 

there will be no losing of the most expense lures known to man,
 

there will be no unsecured lures
flying in the face of the boat driver (me)
while I'm trying to full speed plane over riffles,
 

there will be no fouling of the intake
faster than I can flip over the side and clean it out,
 

there will be no opening of a chew can
if you are seated directly in front of the boat driver (me) while we are hauling ass up river,
 

there will be no need for a 911 call from the boat,
 

there will be Prayer, often, and fervent for those immortal words... "fish on". 


Believe'n
   on this day 01.02.2015

In raising a toast back to my BIL Don (The consummate outdoorsman) on his first day of retirement...

  

In wishing my older BIL Jeff (The man of science & c'gars) a very Happy Birthday...



Jeff is the one without horns

10 comments:

  1. Those who chew should neither spit into the wind or over their shoulder while you are at the helm...unless you ask them to. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LL: Oh they know better than to spit... it's opening the can into the wind they can't quite get the hang of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sad that you're not related to the viking. Jeff will have to do, but tell him to get a viking helmet.

    ReplyDelete

  4. LL: LOL... That is not quite how I pictured my Viking blood relations looking.
    Jeff has a lot of women that decide what he buys, I'm not one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clink! Cheers to you my friend and all of your wishes for 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That seems like a pretty reasonable list. May they all come true.
    Hum, that horned one looks familiar.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is this a News Years resolution for you or Dad? Happy New Year to this happy place.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! That dude with the helmet looks just like my older brother Sven. I usually wear the green dress, but sometimes Sven borrows it.

    Happy New Year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. GRANNY ANNIE: The same to you, dear Annie!

    ARKANSAS PATTI: LOL... the horned one is known to you?

    OLD NFO: and to you, sir!

    ODIE: a bit of both! Happy New Year to you & yours!

    EURIPIDES: Sounds like you & Sven are timeless tunic wearers... a Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete