Thursday, April 3, 2014

Face-Plant...

Yesterday was absolutely beautiful here. Sun out, cotton candy clouds drifting across a blue blue sky.  You could hear the grass growing, at least I think it was the grass, couldn't have been a running ol granny's thighs...



Today it's overcast, and a little chilly.  We are supposed to get back up into the 70's this weekend.  YeeHaw! Let the veggie planting begin. There are about 50 baby Japanese maples to be transplanted as well as some started cuttings to pot up.



***

Went by and picked up one of Dad's shotguns from the gunny hospital.  Smithy has tried everything he can think of to make it fire correctly, and  finally recommended sending it back to the manufacturer.  Got it home and Dad says "that damn thing never has shot right." Ok, that would have been nice to know before we spent a morning on the range with it.  I have a sneaking suspicion that Dad was trying to even up the playing field between the guys and I...

***
 
I purchased some new sneeks, and in my early morning excitement to get out the door and running in them, I forgot to corral the ol girls.  Damn, that is uncomfortable.  Try running with your arms across your chest.  Thankfully no one else was out at the same time, because if I had tried to wave I would have sure as shoot'n done a face-plant...

11 comments:

  1. Ok, that is a funny image. I have to do that when I walk to the mail box as it is still uncomfortable to wear a bra. Don't want to give the neighbors a show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This may not be the LAST hard freeze of the season...but the maples will be ok either way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh, hate bras, all of 'em but sometimes...you need them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ARKANSAS PATTI: Dang, I thought you were all healed up.

    LL: I'm not worried about frost at this point, just wet clay. A few of the thread leafs can be touchy about handling. The rest are tough as ol boots.

    CELIA: I do too, but running without is not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always wondered how you ladies could jog. I've outgrown my desire to run. I'm an OLD walker now.

    My family has always been partial to Browning 12 lights. Love those shot guns.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, I am over my giggles. I think! I cannot say I feel your pain since I was never very well endowed in that department.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a bra that I refer only to as the "Border Collie Bra - it's not fancy, but it rounds them up and points them in the right direction.

    Dad says hi!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL, evening the playing field... sounds like you're kicking ass again..

    ReplyDelete
  9. ODIE: Your a wise man to let the Mrs catch you! Thanks for the Browning tip.

    GRANNYMAR: LOL... Those that gott'm....!

    BRIGID: Whoa doggies...lol!
    Hugs to your Dad!

    OLD NFO: Yes Sir.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so funny. I try to pretend no one notices if I forget to halter the girls but I know they do. The worse thing is when I'm letting them run wild on NOL-NOC Estates and I also have failed to put on my wig when a neighbor comes sauntering up the drive. You can only hide in the chicken pen so long:( What could the fellow say anyway? He has no teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  11. GRANNY ANNIE: LOL, now that is funny. I didn't fit in my hen house, I tried.

    ReplyDelete