Monday, September 29, 2014

Boots, Dogs, & Cake...

I got a pic from my granddaughters in WA. The girls had just come in from cleaning barn stalls...




Here are pics of the muck boots (one with Scotty puppy, Fergus) after I finished painting them and just before I shipped them North.



I'm amazed they are still using them after all this time.

and just because...
a pic of Gus (Fergus) after his ears came up...



What a character Gus was. He traveled a lot of miles with me, never got car sick, always good company, and never once complained about my driving sorta fast.  Gus and I had such a great time making life "interesting" for Max and the Cowman.



All righty, "The Cake" recipe from Donna: http://emailfromtheembassy.blogspot.com/
She didn't give the name of it (that's my doing) but did say I could share the recipe:

"Donna's World Renown Yummy Chocolate Cake Recipe with Love from Russia"

"It's the easiest recipe in the world -
grease/flour a bundt pan and heat the oven to 350.  Mix together: 1 box devils food cake mix, 1 small instant pudding, 1 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup warm water, 1/2 cup oil and 4 eggs.  Mix on high in the blender for 3 minutes.  Toss in a bag of chocolate chips. Pour in the bundt and cook for an hour. Top w powdered sugar once it's cool - and it really is best served cold."
Go try it, hope you love it as much as I do!

11 comments:

  1. MY SECRET CAKE RECIPE!!! I am the hit at all the church dinners and you have spoiled my success. I didn't think anyone else knew this recipe. It is the best and the easiest cake in the world plus it is even better if you use a triple chocolate cake mix with pudding in it already and then add the pudding still. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those boots have held up. Great job with the painting and how cute was baby Gus.
    Mighty was my riding buddy, I miss him too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. chocolate caaaaake!!!!!
    what an amazing job on the boot painting!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GRANNYMAR: Thanks, I'm glad they have held up this long.

    GRANNY ANNIE: Oh My, I'm sorry to have outed you. Thanks for the tip.

    ARKANSAS PATTI: Gus & Mighty are both missed, A Lot...sigh

    LSP: I hope you give it a go, and tell me what you think.

    JENNY: Yep CAKE! Thanks, they are just rubber waders/muck boots cut down & painted. You could do them, I'm sure. Paint On!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Food... GOOD :-) And painted muck boots? You're too good to them... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on the boots! Tell Gus Jack says hi(-:

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to have to try the cake for work. Made a hit for lunch today. I had some leftover coney dog sauce (from scratch) and made nachos out of it with smoked cheddar and things to put on top if wanted (jalapenos, extra onions, sour cream, etc) Hubby was cleaning up the plate with a spoon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ODIE: Yep they sure have...

    OLD NFO: Painted muck boots is about as artsy as it gets around this outfit...LOL

    CINNDEE: Thanks. Gus has been gone a couple of years now, still miss that feisty Scotty...

    BRIGID: Let me know what you think of the cake! Not much cooking of spicy stuff around here at the moment...sigh

    ReplyDelete