Sunday, September 14, 2014

The range is Hot...




A friend, Tim, let me know he was going to the range Friday afternoon. Did I want to go?  Oh Heck Yes!  Bring plenty of ammo, he said.
I made an emergency trip to see the guys and get more ammo from the gunny place.  Something tells me I might be spending too much time/money at the gunny shop. The owner calls me by my first name, and his guard dog comes up and smooches my hand.
 It was hotter than a two dollar pistol Friday afternoon, which is not unusual for here.  The range was vacant when we got there. Too hot out for others, I guess.
 


Put a little over 150 rounds thru the little Sig and then shot Tim's AR-15.  The little Sig was great, her owner not so much.  I'm working on a group of drills that should help.
The AR was a dream to shoot.   I like that ping, ping sound a bunch.
As much pruning and sawing that I do in the yard I never thought my hands would not be up to an afternoon of shooting.  It appears I was wrong, as my ol scarred up hands are sore...

on the way home from the range

18 comments:

  1. You really are getting into this aren't you? Good that you have friends to help you improve.
    That is a great shot--camera not gun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE these pics, and glad you got some time shooting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat sunset + range.

    Blast away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It can be surprising what hurts after some time shooting. Wimpy spots show up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peace...through superior firepower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the sweetest little bunny eating everything in my yard. He LIKES me...he really LIKES me...maybe I should take up shooting...nope, fat chance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not a lover of 'guns', but do like the final shot! Great sky.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, guess where I must be spending too much time? Otis, the dog in the liquor store, comes up and smooches my hand!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Same for my Son at his Gun shop. He hasn't mentioned a dog there though. Maybe their is a nice looking girl working there? (-:

    ReplyDelete
  10. Practice, practice, practice... 3000 reps to 'engrain' the muscle memory...

    ReplyDelete
  11. GRANNY ANNIE: LOL, smoochies are nice.

    CINDEE: Can you tagalong and find out? Which one does he go to, I have heard there is a small really good one up there.

    OLD NFO: Yes Sir, if only I could count that high...

    ReplyDelete
  12. The "range is hot" because you strutted on wearing your boots and sunglasses. Come on, you wear shades because when you're cool, the sun shines wherever you are.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LL: LOL, I wish that were true.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have to second LL's motion and applaud more "rounds down range."

    In your own time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Girl, you scare me! I can't even aim a gun. But my granddaughter just graduated from basic training, following her Dad's footsteps so my handicap hasn't been passed on, fortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  16. LSP: Working on it!

    GRANNY SUE: So good to hear from you. Please thank your granddaughter for her service, that is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think I see the problem with Sig. You said the owner and not the partner.

    ReplyDelete
  18. ODIE: I think you might be right.

    ReplyDelete