Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Deserter...

Went out for the dawn run with wee Willie. As is my compulsion I made my bed before leaving. Wore a loud orange tee, it's dove season in the back of beyond.  It was still fairly early when we got back.  I had made coffee in my trusty French press before I left the house, so off to the kitchen to get a cuppa, and do some admiring on my kitchen cabinets remodel from the day before. 
It had been a battle to keep Dad from doing it. I had erred by telling him I was going to reverse the way a couple of the cabinets opened. (Who ever the carpenter was that put in the cabinets when mom & dad built this house never had to function in a kitchen.) Turned my back and there Dad was (with my drill mind you) getting ready to climb on a step ladder. "Oh Heck No!  You can supervise to your heart's content, but I'm doing it."  Worked out well, and this morning Dad had positioned himself so that when the home helper came he had a ring side seat to watch her practically rip off the doors trying to open them from the now wrong side...
Got back to my room, which is a work in progress for sure. (Seriously, who the hell puts white carpet throughout a house in RED Bluff) Looked around for Willie, no dog. Searched through the house, no dog. Checked outside, no dog. Damn, I know I'm a bit cranky from lack of sleep but to have my dog desert me...


14 comments:

  1. Started laughing when I saw that suspicious lump. Too funny.
    Hope the cabinets are an easy fix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i got a basset hound that does that but she kinda stands out. She thinks she is ninja sneaky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehehe... Gotcha didn't he...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dog is hilarious! So much personality!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ARKANSAS PATTI: How he got under the duvet, without a wrinkle, I have no idea. He must be tired he slept in til 10 AM. Cabinets all done.

    COREY: Hi, thanks for stopping by. A basset would be a little more noticeable, even a ninja sneaky one!

    OLD NFO: Yep he did.

    JENNY: ssshhh... one comedian in the family is enough.

    LSP: Padre, Not sure what they are called elsewhere, here is one somewhat like mine: http://www.crateandbarrel.com/bodum-chambord-34-ounce-french-press/s202525

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jack Russells are sly and cunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LL: Yep, and some are bed hogs as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is great. Afraid my Slim would make too conspicuous a lump. Reminds me of Ron's favorite tale about the carpet layers who had worked diligently to remove a lump in the carped they had finished tacking down. They pounded it and pounded it until it was flat and they were satisfied with their work. They were then ask by the homeowner on her return "Where is my canary?".

    ReplyDelete
  9. They instinctively burrow into blankets and covers - like a large Alabama tick.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Willie is a little one. Maybe it was all the drilling and cupboard slamming that got to him?

    ReplyDelete
  11. GRANNY ANNIE: LOL, that is terrible (funny).

    ODIE: Yep

    LL: He is a wee laid back Cali tick.

    TABOR: He likes to sleep in that's for sure. Slept right through the kitchen remodel...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have seen beds with bumps like that in the past few weeks. Throw back the covers and there they sit, all sweet and innocent!

    ReplyDelete